Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war

Article about: I picked up this little book recently because it was not expensive and it contained entries pre and post war . Nothing earth shattering there I know, but the book is STILL emblazoned with sw

Default Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war

I picked up this little book recently because it was not expensive and it contained entries pre and post war .
    Nothing earth shattering there I know, but the book is STILL emblazoned with swastikas????? and the entries go all the way to 1957.
    I would have thought that all workbooks used in the occupation time in Germany would have been reissued without the offensive symbol?
    Anyone know the reasons why this would not have happened .... seems weird to me.
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war   Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war  

Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war   Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war
    P
    Many

Default Re: Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war

Good item.

This would have not been used in an official capacity, but more likely kept up to date by the owner for personal reasons? The German love of paperwork and record keeping runs deep!

I have seen others like this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

A nice example Dan, and as Ade has already stated above, another fine example of that use extensive German use of paperwork. Can't imagine how it must have been working in a chemical factory in Berlin after the war. Thanks for sharing this one.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. I'm quite certain that I have at least one Arbeitsbuch with post war entries, despite the German insignia still being present. I'll try to find it amongst the hordes.

Thank Ade, yes I thought that too but the entries are by different people ( probaby the same one who used the company stamp ) as the handriting and signatures are not that of the owner ( not that I am a handwiting expert )
    The companies shown were in the western sector of Berlin and Potsdam and maybe a blind eye was turned when there was no other paperwork available??
    Dan

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    p.s. I'm quite certain that I have at least one Arbeitsbuch with post war entries, despite the German insignia still being present. I'll try to find it amongst the hordes.
    I think I even remember that one such item was shown on the forum in the past. (The post-war entry had caught my eye back then.)

I just realised my typo - the LAST entry is 1951 not 1957. The individual was born in 1902 ( on the first page of the book not scanned ) so that made them 49 yrs old at the last entry. The companies shown made steel and soda ash ( used in glass manufacture ) ....... just a bit of useless info
    Dan

?

Apologies for the poor images, but its the best one can do under the oil lamp...

Just had a quick look through some of mine, and I found these examples from the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. Firstly, note how one book's owner has defaced anything German, and written "Czech" next to the original German text. This was quite common, indeed one can still find old street signs in Prague with the German wording scratched/defaced. The second and third books however are not defaced, yet continued to be utilised after the occupation had ended (see dates from 1947, 1950).

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war   Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war  

Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war   Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war  

Arbeitsbuch used pre and post war