Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks

Article about: Hello, this workbook I want to show. It concerns a woman who did in the army ammunition depot service. She had to do this! Nordhausen and the Muna are Places with history, you know. The woma

?

Default ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks

I'll start off with this first pattern example belonging to Otto Klein, a Leipzig worker, and a few books from the Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks 
    Last edited by CARL; 03-01-2013 at 11:39 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks
    P
    Many

Default re: ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks

Very nice Carl - I think Arbeitbuchs are underrated, they are quite cheap ( one can buy a dozen for the price of an average helmet ) and they hold a nice snapshot of an individual's working life over many years. If one were a research nerd ( and aren't we all a bit? ) then one could find out about the companies listed, the products made, where the people moved to to get work, and speculate that if the entries finished in the war years that the individual was called up or killed - or the company destroyed in the bombing ...... whatever.

Sorry that I have but one to offer in the separate thread. ( I should search out more )
    Cheers, Dan

?

Thoroughly agree with you Dan. Easy to pick up without breaking the bank, and have nice little bits of history in them too.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. Your example would make a fine addition to the thread.

Here is an interesting Arbietsbuch - the recipient was conscripted into Org. TODT from his previous work as a soda ash worker at a paper & pulp manufacturing plant in the town he lived. The TODT gruppe was Einsatz "Wiking" responsible for civil works in Denmark, Norway and coastal regions around the Baltic / North sea.

He worked in Emmerich until July 1944 ( Emmerich is just south of Arnhem ) - but he was moved a couple of months before the airborne assault there back to Stahlhammer ....possibly due to the easterly push of Monty's troops?? ... and after the JUly '44 entry there is no more .......death or liberation????

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks   ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  

I have a few Arbeitsbuchs and iam posting it soon, is there any site for helping interpreting these?

Here is myne Carl
    First wok stamp is from 1943
    I still havent taken any more photos since adopting the dark background.
    As soon as i can i wil provide photos of the interior.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  

I have a couple

This one owned by Herr Schuhmacker
    Attached Images Attached Images ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

...and this one

His occupation is listed as Landwirtschaftlicher Gehilfe "agricultural helper"

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default This one Survived!!

Last entry
    Jon.Kramer
    Huttersdorf-Saar
    1-4-45 to 1-Jan-47
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks   ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  

ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks   ARBEITSBÜCHER - Show your workbooks  

?

Nice examples gents. Salonete, translation assistance can be found here on WRF. There are a few kind members who often assist.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast