Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Award papers?

Article about: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I was not sure where to put them. A guy called me with these papers for sale, said he dad brought them home from the war. Are they real? Marty

Default Award papers?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I was not sure where to put them. A guy called me with these papers for sale, said he dad brought them home from the war. Are they real? Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Award papers?   Award papers?  

Award papers?   Award papers?  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Award papers?
    P
    Many

Hi Marty, I would pass on these.

The stamp on the Mothers Cross doc should be embossed into the paper and not show up like this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Agreeing with Ade - not liking them. What troubles me is the poor maintenance on the type face. See the ghosting? It is present on all the documents - like they were typed up by the same person on a vintage typewriter last week. Dates are far apart - 1939 and 1944 and the type looks the same! Maybe original documents blanks - maybe not. I can make these up on vintage paper just like this all day long. I too say pass. NH

It seems like all things this guy has offered you is junk Not a nice guy!

Thank you for all for the replies. What he brought to me, it all looked like junk. But his said he has more at his house that his father collection and or brought back. But from everything I did see, I am not feeling good about anything else. Again THANK YOU!!!!
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Believe the item - not the story. Now MAYBE dad brought back blank award documents and this guy is "ginning" them up. I'd rather have the blank original document if that is the case. But clearly, this offering is suspect. NH