Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Bahnpolizei-Ausweis

Article about: Hello, I would like to share a super scarce Deutsches Reichsbahnpolizei Ausweis. These never show up for sale, so I was quite excited and surprised when I found this one. His duties would ha

Default Bahnpolizei-Ausweis

Hello,

I would like to share a super scarce Deutsches Reichsbahnpolizei Ausweis. These never show up for sale, so I was quite excited and surprised when I found this one. His duties would have been very similar to a Kripo or Gestapo detective, dealing with passengers, spies, smuggling, soldiers going AWOL, POW escapes, fake IDs and tickets and transporting black market items, and so on. They would have worked closely with the Schupo, Gestapo, and Bahnwache. The Bahnwache and Bahnschutz had duties outside of the trains, train yards, stations, switches, bridges, etc..

This Bahnpolizeibeamte was stationed at Klagenfurt/Villach area in Austria, close to the Italian and Yugoslavian borders and experienced many partisan attacks during the war. There was an SS-Junkerschule, a Gestapo-SD and Police School in the region.

If anyone else has one of these BahnPolizei-Ausweisen, please post some photos!

Thanks for having a look.

Marcus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bahnpolizei-Ausweis   Bahnpolizei-Ausweis  

Bahnpolizei-Ausweis   Bahnpolizei-Ausweis  

Bahnpolizei-Ausweis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnpolizei-Ausweis
    P
    Many

Hi Marcus, I cannot recall seeing one before, so thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Interresting one, looks like coated fabric.

Thanks gents!

Yes, it is a type of linen cloth paper, probably used as a security measure and harder to make fake ID's, but that's only a guess.
    Not nearly as safe proof as a Sipo Dienstausweis, which were printed with intricate security marks to prevent copies.

There were some round metal Dienstmarken made, but to date, only one example remains in a private collection in Germany.

Marcus