MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )

Article about: This is Josef Rauch's Soldbook - in page order showing those with entries. His promotion, decorations and hospital stays. If anyone can help out with information, I would be appreciative! Ch

Default Re: Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )

This is Josef Rauch's Soldbook - in page order showing those with entries. His promotion, decorations and hospital stays.
    If anyone can help out with information, I would be appreciative!
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )   Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )  

Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )   Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )  

Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )   Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )
    P
    Many

Default Re: Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )

Looks to be a very nice Soldbuch, packed with entries - quite a few seem to relate to his injuries and discharge from the Wehrmacht.
    Using the links previously provided you will enjoy decyphering the entries and building a picture of Feldwebel Rauch - it is a good way to get hooked on paperwork.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Looks to be a very nice Soldbuch, packed with entries - quite a few seem to relate to his injuries and discharge from the Wehrmacht.
    Using the links previously provided you will enjoy decyphering the entries and building a picture of Feldwebel Rauch - it is a good way to get hooked on paperwork.
    Thanks Hucks - yes I must try harder, but German script is so hard to read for me ( hard enough keying the typed entries into a translator )
    I have a German friend who just rolls his eyes every time I present a new document to him so that help is wearing thin and I daren't shove a soldbuch in front of him!
    Dan

Give it a go and see how you do. Once you recognise a few letters and words and using a google translator in addition to the sItes previously linked things wIll start to fall into place little by little. You will be surprised how well you do and believe me it's the best way to learn.
    Give it a go over a few days and post what you uncover in this link and people will help fill in any gaps.
    I'm off to a Tim Freedman concert tonight in London so I'd best sign off for the night.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I'm off to a Tim Freedman concert tonight in London so I'd best sign off for the night.
    Great performer - I'm a Whitlams fan from way back ( and Penguins on Safari - his first band )
    Dan

This is Josef's WehrStammbuch. The first photo is the cover, the second is the promotions he received, the third is the decorations he got and the forth is supplementary information ( much of which I am yet to decipher )

The LONG list shows the theaters he fought in. Poland / Ukraine, then through Denmark, Luxemburg, Belgium and Northern France.
    Then through the Somme to the Seine and up to Dieppe and St Valery on 9/6/1940 ( where the 51st Highlanders were forced to surrender ) Then from July 1940 to April 1941 he was in Northwest France and the Atlantic coast .
    Transferred to the Russian front, he fought in Bug, Styr, Lesniow, Ostropol, the "Stalin Line", Djeper and TANK BATTLES at Poltawa and Kharkov!!!
    In the Russian Winter of 1941/42 Josef fought at Donez & Ssemnia against the BIG Soviet push to gain ground. It was here that Josef lost the war against frostbite and was evacuated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )   Big grouping for Feldwebel ( Soldbuch, Wehrstammbuch, licence and more )  

That is a nice list for the campaigns. What I sometimes do is plot the locations on Google Earth to establish a basic route of where he fought.

He also won the Silver Wound Badge. It was more than likely just the original Black Wound Badge being upgraded to silver because of the amputations.

?

Nice Grouping. Thats great that it came with the Wehrstammbuch as well, you got lucky!

I do the same with Google earth/maps Kevin. It also helps alot with learning the locations of key places on the map, which is a must for researching Unit Histories if you want to understand the movements and battles correctly.

?

Just got back from my latest visit to the Ost Front , very nice grouping Dan with plemty of scope for research and learning !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

piw
    ?

Looks like a really interesting project - keep it updated as you find out more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2