Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Brandenburger, spot of luck today!

Article about: Guys, While I was wasting time raking through some old feldpost and run of the mill junk the wife phones me and said she has found some photos and a book thing but there are other dealers wa

Default Brandenburger, spot of luck today!

Guys,

While I was wasting time raking through some old feldpost and run of the mill junk the wife phones me and said she has found some photos and a book thing but there are other dealers wanting to get hands on, could I please come and take a look! I rushed to the other end of the market just in case anything I have shown her has had an effect!

Well I was a bit surprised to say the least and am glad the stall holder did not just let it go to the vultures!

She only found a half decent photo album to a DKG winner, his name featured at the end on his grave stone, there was also a wehrpass which was cheap and chearful. The album was a bit more as there were some cracking photos after much debate we had the lot.

It was not until I got it home that I realised the pass mached the album and the guy was killed while serving with II Lehr zbV Brandenburg!

I have some proper research to do now as I think this must be my rarest piece of paper ever?

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brandenburger, spot of luck today!   Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  

Brandenburger, spot of luck today!   Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  

Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  
    Last edited by jock auld; 08-08-2010 at 07:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brandenburger, spot of luck today!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Brandenburger, spot of luck today!

Amazing Jock, anything to do with the Brandenburgers is much sought after

Looking forward to seeing more

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Cheers Nick,

I have broke my camera on holiday so I am on the scanner which is a bit old.

I will do some more pics as the album appears in my opinion to be put together by the unit as a keepsake for the family as he appears in all photos in the fore ground or sometimes in the background but I suppose when someone is gone the reconing is any images are treasured?

They are in all formats the pic with the DKG is a large one within the A4 album it fills the page.

Jock

nice find ....very nice find!!

Cheers guys,

This man led from the front as can be seen from this next lot of photos. Probably what got him killed!

Jock
    Attached Images Attached Images Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  Brandenburger, spot of luck today!  Brandenburger, spot of luck today! 

?

Hi, great find indeed. Would very much like to see some more detail on the Wehrpass. When did he join Bradenburg? Which company was he in?

The III Lehr Btl which had the 9th to 11th companies was formed in July 1940 in Aachen. From my limited knowledge the 9th company was in action through the Spring and Summer of 1942 in an anti partisan capacity near Smolensk which would fit the May 42 date. The 11th Kp went to Africa through this period but I can't identify him as a casualty there.

Anyhow a very interesting group can't wait to see more. Good luck with the research.

Tietze

Quote by Tietze View Post
    Hi, great find indeed. Would very much like to see some more detail on the Wehrpass. When did he join Bradenburg? Which company was he in?

The III Lehr Btl which had the 9th to 11th companies was formed in July 1940 in Aachen. From my limited knowledge the 9th company was in action through the Spring and Summer of 1942 in an anti partisan capacity near Smolensk which would fit the May 42 date. The 11th Kp went to Africa through this period but I can't identify him as a casualty there.

Anyhow a very interesting group can't wait to see more. Good luck with the research.

Tietze
    I have posted an error, I will post page 12 It has his CV and a picture paints a 1000 words. It is II not III as I first thought.

Regards

Jock

Default Re: Werhpass Page 12

Guys,

Page 12 with his postings until his death.

Jock
    Attached Images Attached Images Brandenburger, spot of luck today! 

?

Another great find Jock , what is his second name ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I can't click to enlarge!

Can you confirm his date of death? From what I could make out it was May 42?

II Btl was involved in quite a bit through 1941, the photo of the bridge could be interesting if its the Dvina road bridge (famous 8th Kp action).

The Brandenburg were at this time the closest thing the Germans had to the SAS, so very interesting grouping.

Thanks
    Tietze

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast