Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren

Article about: Hi again Any comments would be welcome regarding this document. Again I'm not sure. Any help I would really appreciate. Many thanks

Default Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren

Hi again

Any comments would be welcome regarding this document. Again I'm not sure. Any help I would really appreciate. I know this division was not formed until 1943 but could the award be for service in another unit?

Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren
    P
    Many

It is hard to say as it looks like it has been laminated and viewing it as is makes it look like a printed copy. Max Simon's signature is heavily faked now and they are getting good at it. The date relates to when the man's unit was authorised to award the medal, not necessarily the date he was actually awarded it.

Many thanks. I bought it about 7 years back. It came with a ss driving licence his kennkart and a qualification gained from the Reich's post. I will photograph it out of its packet if that would help.

Default More pics

Hi

Better pictures including kennkarte and licence. It was bought in 2003
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren   Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren  

Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren   Eastern front medal 16ss panzer gren  

It has potential. The Feldpost Nr on the SS driving licence matches the unit on the citation.

Thank you. I researched all the feldpost numbers after I bought it. I just liked it. It all seems to have consistent age and is definately typed and hand written signed as far as I can tell. The signature seem to match kennkarte and licence as well.
    Last edited by Bonecollector; 04-18-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Seeing if this helps.
    Whew! My neck isn't nearly as flexible as that of a barn owl!

Many thanks for that