Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ehrenkarte für die deutsche Mutter

Article about: Hello I wanna share this Ehrenkarte für die deutsche Mutter, which is a paper version of the Mutterkreuze. I dont see it often for selling. I like it and it fits to my Mutterkreuze. Seems th

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    I have respect for Adrian and didnt insult him. But dont like, when people make comments and dont know anything about a special topic. Its my opinion and I can say it, cause of the freedom of speech. Or are we living in a fascism?
    I would submit to you follow your own advice, sir.
    Post 10: SS Worn Skull Ring With Black Onyx-in Gold
    Post 2 & 4: SS NCO Schirmmutze
    I've never encountered such an example so it's not my place to claim it's a fake or an reproduction BUT Ade's judgement isn't entirely misplaced. Here's a authentic example...one which doesn't come close to matching yours and is much more well known.
    Ehrenkarte für die deutsche MutterEhrenkarte für die deutsche Mutter
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-19-2015 at 04:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkarte für die deutsche Mutter
    P
    Many

?

No fantasy production doesn' t change the fact it can be a copy.
    Especially if it' s a rare document.

That' s why i advise you to check it with black light.
    You have to cross informations and be a little bit paranoïd with this kind of stuff.

I edit after read the new posts, why not submit it to this site ?

You should also check this site out, which I've linked to the documentation subcategory for you: Mothercross ID Cards | dasmutterkreuz.com
    It was created by someone who's actually put endless amount of hours into the study of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter and it's affiliated items. And be careful when directing fellow forum members on how and what to do....it usually only comes back to but you in the arise.

Finally, if you don't want an negative or inaccurate assessment of your items simply don't post them. As you already pointed out freedom of speech you should be well aware of the fact it applies both ways.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-19-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but "GoodOldGermany" stated that the Ehrenkarte was issued for a brief period prior to the institution of the Mothers' Cross, which replaced it.

The document in post # 11 and the ones found by following the link in post # 13 are award documents for the Mothers' Cross, so comparing them to the item that started the thread is quite pointless.

Just saying. (Personally, I have no idea whether the Ehrenkarte is real or fake.)

Thank you, HPL2008. As I said, I know nothing about these. The site owner, a forum member elsewhere, does quite well however, and the Ausweis is the closest document on the site or anywhere else that I could find relating to the subject. Yes, one's a I.D card to honor a Mother and the other is a I.D card proving a Mother was awarded the cross itself, but I wouldn't say it's entirely pointless, especially if these Ehrenkarten are fantasy items. Also, it has been my experience that these things usually reflect their predecessor.
    I also find it strange there wouldn't be an example shown on the site considering the depth of material that's present, but who knows...all the I.Ds and certificates shown are of the year 1939 or later so it does fit into GoodOldGerman's timeframe.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-19-2015 at 07:13 PM.

Not to drag this out any longer than necessary but my main point was this; though there are members here whom I don't care for or quite often disagree with, one thing almost all will agree on is that Ade has done more for this forum and community than most could dream of. And though we're all wrong at times, including Ade, there's a respectful matter in which to point it out. Basically, I felt the comments were a bit hash. Besides, how does Ade give a reason to a item being incorrect that never was? If it didn't exist than that's it...nothing else needs to be added.

Very intelligent to compare an Ehrenkarte with a Mothercross card...

Here is another "fantasy product" in an other forum: Ehrenkarte für die Deutsche mutter - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Maybe I should change the forum, because of the friendly fire here.

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    Here is another "fantasy product" in an other forum: Ehrenkarte für die Deutsche mutter - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Maybe I should change the forum, because of the friendly fire here.
    Please do
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast