Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

First Soldbuch

Article about: Obergefreiter Kannonier, (Corporal Gunner), Kart Darkow. Soldbuch discharged on August 2, 1944. He served in the Festungs-Stamm-Abteilung LXIII, attached to the staff of the LXIII Armeekorps

Default First Soldbuch

Obergefreiter Kannonier, (Corporal Gunner), Kart Darkow. Soldbuch discharged on August 2, 1944. He served in the Festungs-Stamm-Abteilung LXIII, attached to the staff of the LXIII Armeekorps ,(63rd Army Corps), formed in the South of France, in response to the Allied landing in Operation Dragon in August. Later, fought in the Upper Rhine and Alsace. In February 1945, moved to Venlo, (Netherlands) to prevent the crossing of the Rhine by British forces. In March, he fought in the towns of Dinslaken and Duisburg. Finally, the LXIII Armeekorps, surrendered in the Ruhr pocket .
    Two pages missing at the rear but very happy with it.
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch
    First Soldbuch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Soldbuch
    P
    Many

The missing pages would of been for his awards (if he had any) and any leave allocated to him.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    The missing pages would of been for his awards (if he had any) and any leave allocated to him.
    Thanks, now i have to find his wehrpass lol, needle in a haystack.

These Soldbuchs can be addictive ..as they show the person and movements in which they served. So many times we wish to find the identity to match with our collectible...and yet when we find a Sldbuch..it is the opposite..minus the collectable.

I feel in this instance that the Soldbuch will tell of the persons whereabouts..which also tell us..possible what kind of gear and weapons he may have carried being attached to a certain unit.

Incredible fortune allowed me to have this Elder officers Soldbuch, Dagger and hangers.

First Soldbuch

There are collectors who just collect these Id books only..and have stacks of them..almost like a Personnel file department...and yes there are Authored References on these books on what to look for in collecting and authenticity. Enjoy your find, there is more room for research.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry i have been after one for a while, it has now arrived the pictures above were from the seller, i can now take better ones also the personal pictures attached where he his sat with friends/family?.

?

Thumbs up

Soldbuchs are great, as are Wehrpass, I have All branches, Lw, Km, Heer u. SS. I have maby 15 +/-. Also have a much rarer Volksturm Soldbuch. It is about 3/4 the size of a Soldbuch.
    I like them so much that I have also picked up at least one WW 1 and a couple of e. German Volksturm.
    Sarge

?

Post you new pictures we are in need of more members who are interested in German documents as we seem to be thin on the ground !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings