Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

generalgouvernement kennkarte issued 19 IV (june?) 1942

Article about: hi.anyone who have the time to tell me if this is real or a fake? Stig

Default generalgouvernement kennkarte issued 19 IV (june?) 1942

hi.anyone who have the time to tell me if this is real or a fake?
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture generalgouvernement kennkarte issued 19 IV (june?) 1942   generalgouvernement kennkarte issued 19 IV (june?) 1942  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement generalgouvernement kennkarte issued 19 IV (june?) 1942
    P
    Many

That is a faked example. It looks to of been written with a biro and that is a very poor attempt at an officials signature on the lower middle part.
    Last edited by hucks216; 07-16-2014 at 02:05 PM.

However it should also be borne in mind that Kennkartes were faked wholesale in occupied Poland by the Armia Krajowa and other resistance organisations during WW2. I forget the percentages but I think it was almost a third or maybe higher of all identity documents for Poles were fake in generalgouvernement.

So in any case there are real Kennkartes , real fake Kennkartes, and fake Kennkartes to contend with. Not sure about the soft fingerprint printings but the photo is too low quality and blurred to make a judgement.

A wiki article on Biro states that in 1943 the "biro" or ballpoint pen was made under license for production in the United Kingdom for supply to Royal Air Force aircrew, who found they worked much better than fountain pens at high altitude.

The official rubber stamps I have seen on
    Kennkartes are normally red or blue and there is usually a rubber stamp mark over the edge of the identity photo so that if the photo was changed it would be noticeable break in the stamp mark.

The stamp markings on
    Kennkarte in the OP do not look correct IMO.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Two further small points to consider:

Off the top of my head, I do not ever remember seeing the "i" dotted with a circle in period handwriting.

Further, the corners appear to show no rounding at all - possible yes but unusual in a document that is so old and was generally kept in a pocket on one's person.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by StefanM View Post

A wiki article on Biro states that in 1943 the "biro" or ballpoint pen was made under license for production in the United Kingdom for supply to Royal Air Forceaircrew, who found they worked much better than fountain pens at high altitude.
    And yet this document is dated for 1942.
    The writing looks laboured and even the signature of the person whose ID it is supposed to be is done in the same ink and same hand as the rest of the document. And the official's signature is a big giveaway.

I agree on the date issue re ball pens.

The handwritten entries would have been made the issuing official, and the person whose ID document this was would sign it and it would then be countersigned by the department head so there would be different writing styles. But on this document the handwriting is all the same style i.e. filled in by one hand rather than two or three.

thans for the answers!
    this item i bought from ioffer.com years ago.
    that was when i were naive and didn`t know about fakes : /

I have bought fake documents too in the past, it probably has happened to all of us at one time or another.

Luckily, today, we have a great community of experienced collectors on WRF to help minimise the risks

?

As a pointer, that site is far from reliable. Proceed with caution...

Quote by StefanM View Post
    The stamp markings on Kennkarte in the OP do not look correct IMO.
    They even managed to misspell "Landkommissar" as "Landkomissar".