Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Article about: Thanks for the info. Good to know. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Here's a nice enough Wehrpass to a Luft SNCO, with his original ID Disc.Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass

Nice photo, and ink stamps for KG254, a short lived unit. Elements of this unit became part of KG 155 and given the unit assignations in his book it looks like he was one of these. He also served in KG 27 "Boelcke" before , it would appear, being removed from flying duties.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass  

?

Note that after KG 27, he is shown as with firstly a Luftgau staff, then various Fliegerhorst (military airfield) units.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Luftwaffe Wehrpass  

?

He had the Long Service Medal 4th Class, and the Combined Pilot/Observer badge.

?

Promotions page shows him reaching the rank of Stabsfeldwebel, and the opposite page also shows he had the War Merit Cross.

?

Operational employment shows him as having been involved in the bombing of England before finally being employed on the home front.

?

And here's the bit that made him so very interesting (to me).

In the closing days of the war, Müller was drafted into the dreaded Feldjäger. and issued with this Feldjäger Ausweis

?

The card was issued by Feldjägergruppe V, and confirms his authority.

"Stabsfeldwebel Muller of Feldjägergruppe V has reciprocal powers over members of the Armed Forces, Waffen-SS, etc. and other organizations used as part of the Wehrmacht."

That is a nice little group, even without the Feldjäger Ausweis: that has to be a rare bit of paperwork in it's own right I would guess?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    that has to be a rare bit of paperwork in it's own right I would guess?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Indeed, its the first I've ever seen. I have had a couple of Ausweis for Streifendienst and one for Zugwache, but this is the first Feldjäger one I've ever seen.

This set also disproves the myth that all Feldjäger were combat veterans with at least an Iron Cross !

I had some correspondence with a former Waffen-SS Feldjäger who told me that most of the Army and W-SS guys did indeed have at least an EK2, but this wasn't the case for Luftwaffe. His patrol section had a Luftwaffe guy who was their driver and didn't have any combat awards.

Interestingly, he also said that although they were told they'd be issued a special Gorget, they never did get one and all they had was their Ausweis and the red armband.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast