Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kennkarte - Original?

Article about: I am wondering about the authenticity of this kennkarte. I am no expert but something seems odd with it. Thank you in advance! Thanks for looking!

Default Kennkarte - Original?

I am wondering about the authenticity of this kennkarte. I am no expert but something seems odd with it.
    Thank you in advance!
    Kennkarte - Original?
    Kennkarte - Original?
    Kennkarte - Original?
    Kennkarte - Original?
    Kennkarte - Original?
    Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kennkarte - Original?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, I don't see any red flags here and everything seems fine to me: art of handwriting, typical Austrian usage of "Jänner" instead of German "Januar", underlined given name, picture, correct terminology...

Since the Kennkarten are quite common, there is no need to put a lot of effort and fake them unless they pretend to be related to some famous personality. Although she is quite pretty, this young lady does not seem to be important enough to attract unwanted attention of forgers.

I think you have a good Kennkarte here.

?

I agree with Pavel. Compared to my own Kennkarte everything checks out, the stamps, handwriting picture, etc. A nice Kennkarte and always fun to have in your collection.

The lack of a signature by the police official had me concerned. Am I correct that her name is Hermaine Jolianna Salsborn? Can anyone translate her occupation? Thank you all for checking this out for me. I acquired two of these and the differences between them had me a little curious. Very interesting to see the photos and fingerprints of someone gazing at you across 72 years. A different feel to these than a medal or insignia, on a more personal level.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Am I correct that her name is Hermaine Jolianna Salsborn? Can anyone translate her occupation?
    No; It's Hermine Johanna Salzborn. The occupation is "kfm. [= kaufmännische] Angestellte", i.e. a business employee.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; It's Hermine Johanna Salzborn. The occupation is "kfm. [= kaufmännische] Angestellte", i.e. a business employee.
    Thank you. I like to at least know the proper names of the former owners. It makes me wonder what became of her..

I am suspicious because I've never seen an un-signed Kennkarte that was issued, because the lack thereof invalidates the Kennkarte...She would have been stopped by the first police-man that checked her ID...This Fraulein's documents are not in order, lol....
    Glenn

does it have a stamped revenue?
    Stig

?

I can only read the second word of the occupation and it says 'angestellte', wich means 'employee'.
    And you are right about the Kennkarte. They are great and really got a lot of history to it. I like them too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast