Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kennkarte - Original?

Article about: I am wondering about the authenticity of this kennkarte. I am no expert but something seems odd with it. Thank you in advance! Thanks for looking!

Quote by bittaker View Post
    does it have a stamped revenue?
    Stig
    No, if you are referring to the fee stamp. My other example does.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kennkarte - Original?
    P
    Many

?

Haha, I was to late with my post. Sorry

I just happen to have 2 of these on the way from Germany...Looking forward to sharing them with you...
    I don't pay more than 15-20 Euros for these...They're a great value for the money and look great on display...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Well, since it is a late war ID and one issued by Austrian authority, I was not as suspicious as would normally be. The Austrians were known to be somehow more lenient then other parts of the Third Reich. Or maybe it was a product of a rarer administrative mistake. In any case, I don't believe it is a modern day forgery.

I definitely agree that personal documents such as Kennkarte, Soldbuch, Wehrpass etc. are impressive pieces of history because they are connected to particular fates of normal, everyday people. It always makes me appreciate how lucky am I not to live in those dark times of madness 1933-1945.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I just happen to have 2 of these on the way from Germany...Looking forward to sharing them with you...
    I don't pay more than 15-20 Euros for these...They're a great value for the money and look great on display...
    cheers, Glenn
    Glenn, how do you display them? I am trying to think of a good way to do it. I also have a Reispass and Arbeitsbuch to display. I really don't know how to do it other than frames. The kennkarte are so flimsy, any self supported display isn't going to work. I paid $10 each for the kennkarte. (Bought two at the same time. )

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Glenn, how do you display them? I am trying to think of a good way to do it. I also have a Reispass and Arbeitsbuch to display. I really don't know how to do it other than frames. The kennkarte are so flimsy, any self supported display isn't going to work. I paid $10 each for the kennkarte. (Bought two at the same time. )
    I usually display them among my medals in my cabinet...eye-catching, good filler material, original and still affordable...can't ask for more these days, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Pavel View Post
    Well, since it is a late war ID and one issued by Austrian authority, I was not as suspicious as would normally be. The Austrians were known to be somehow more lenient then other parts of the Third Reich. Or maybe it was a product of a rarer administrative mistake. In any case, I don't believe it is a modern day forgery.

I definitely agree that personal documents such as Kennkarte, Soldbuch, Wehrpass etc. are impressive pieces of history because they are connected to particular fates of normal, everyday people. It always makes me appreciate how lucky am I not to live in those dark times of madness 1933-1945.
    I thought the lacking signature would spell fake for sure. It does seem like such a mundane thing to exert effort to fake. For a lousy few dollars? But, if you had enough of them I guess.
    Lately, these times can be pretty dark and mad! The day to day documents are pretty interesting. A glimpse into the lives of the civilians and the red tape they had to deal with inside the Third Reich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2