Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!

Article about: I recently purchased this soldbuch for an Artillery observer with the 48th art btn in the 121 inf div. This division was in Kurland - and I found that as at 12 April 1945 121st Infantry Divi

Default Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!

I recently purchased this soldbuch for an Artillery observer with the 48th art btn in the 121 inf div.
    This division was in Kurland - and I found that as at 12 April 1945

121st Infantry Division: commanded by Generalleutnant Werner Rank until 5/30/45, then Generalmajor Ottomar Hansen
    and consisted in part of ...
    1/,2/405th Infantry Regiment
    1/,2/407th Infantry Regiment
    1/,2/408th Infantry Regiment
    121st Fusilier Battalion
    1/,2/,3/121st Artillery Regiment
    1/48th Artillery Regiment
    121st Panzerjäger Battalion

JOHANN SAMM was awarded the black and then silver wound badges for bullet and shrapnel wounds on Feb 11th 1944 and then 21th March one year later and the big selling ( purchasing ) point was the award documents still with the soldbuch all these years later - thankfully NOT pulled out and sold separately .....phew!

If anyone can add to the deciphering I would be most appreciative!
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!   Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!  

Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!   Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!  

Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!   Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!  

Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kurland Soldbuch + award docs bonus!!!!

Nice little lot Dan, I need some bits like this to have on the walls in my room.

?

Lexikon der Wehrmacht

His unit was actually the 2 / Observation Abt 48 an independant Oberservation unit.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Here is the History of his unit ,

teilbewegliche / teilmotorisierte Beobachtungs-Abteilungen - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

Stellungs-Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48
    Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48 (teilbeweglich)

Feldpostnummern ab 1942: Die Einheit wurde als Stellungs-Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48 in der Feldpostübersicht eingetragen. Am 15. Dezember 1943 wurden die Einheiten in Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48 umbenannt. Ab dem 15. Januar 1944 verschwand die 1. Batterie aus dem Eintrag.
    Einheit Feldpostnummer
    Stab 45057 A
    1. Batterie 45057 B bis Jan/44
    2. Batterie 45057 C

Die Stellungs-Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48 wurde am 22. Juli 1942 bei Tschudowo in Nordrußland aufgestellt. Die Abteilung wurde aus der Stellungs-Schallmess-Batterie 643 und Abgaben der Beobachtungs-Ersatz-Abteilung 2 als Heerestruppe aufgestellt. Nach der Aufstellung wurde die Abteilung in Nordrussland vor Leningrad eingesetzt. Im Oktober 1943 wurde die Abteilung in Beobachtungs-Abteilung 48 (tbew.) umbenannt. Zum Ende des Krieges war die Abteilung beim L. Armeekorps in Kurland im Einsatz.

Ersatztruppenteil für die Abteilung war die Beobachtungs-Ersatz-Abteilung 44 in Olmütz, im Protektorat Böhmen und Mähren.

Kommandeure:

unbekannt
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Looks like it was part of L Armee Korps in Kurland , probably as a Korps level resource , i must admit Dan i cannot find any direct connection to 121 ID !!

1st July 1916

Thanks Paul - you guys are on the pulse!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Looks like it was part of L Armee Korps in Kurland , probably as a Korps level resource , i must admit Dan i cannot find any direct connection to 121 ID !!
    I guess I was wrong Paul - that was what the seller told me he had worked out - I was drawn in by the award doc and the completeness so accepted his story. Thanks for setting it straight