Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kurt Oerfel's Wehrpass

Article about: Hello everyone, Thanks to Glenn's help I now know the name of the former owner of my wehrpass. His name did not come up on the volksbund site so hopefully he survived the war. I do not know

Default Kurt Oerfel's Wehrpass

Hello everyone,
    Thanks to Glenn's help I now know the name of the former owner of my wehrpass. His name did not come up on the volksbund site so hopefully he survived the war. I do not know what much of the information in the wehrpass means other than that he was part of the 1st company of pioneer ersatz battalion 24. I have attached photos (should be in page order) of every page with writing on it. If anyone could give me a brief description of Kurt from the information within the pass it would be MUCH appreciated!

-Jake

Kurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's WehrpassKurt Oerfel's Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kurt Oerfel's Wehrpass
    P
    Many

It appears Kurt became a soldier in 1940, sent to Russia and developed gallbladder disease in 1942 and spent most of his service in the hospital until discharged into the reserves in May 1944...
    cheers, Glenn

Well, that's not at all what I would have expected! I guess he was no great hero for the Reich! Thanks for the translation.

-Jake

The Germans had huge losses due to illness on the Ostfront, ...I'm sure when he arrived back home he was at least someone's hero...
    cheers, Glenn

Yes that's very true. They were all heroes to someone. Anyway he was very lucky to escape the later years of the war in the east!