Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

KZ camp soldbuch

Article about: With all of the fakes these days, this is not an area of my expertise. This piece is posted for sale in our for sale forum here:Wehrpass of SS KZ Camp and Issued by the camp commandant Obers

Default KZ camp soldbuch

With all of the fakes these days, this is not an area of my expertise. This piece is posted for sale in our for sale forum here:Wehrpass of SS KZ Camp and Issued by the camp commandant Obersturmbannführer Karl Künstler - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    As the seller is a brand new member, I would like opinions on this item. Thanks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KZ camp soldbuch
    P
    Many

I would say that it could well be genuine. I have a Flossenbürg related Wehrpass (as this is, not a Soldbuch) and the dates in mine match the one shown here for transfer from 2.Kp to 1.Kp in 1943 (and with the same unit stamped entry for the 1.Kp) and not only that but the date entries for that transfer have the exact same handwriting so the same person entered the details as if there was a transfer of a number of men on those days. Elsewhere the handwriting differs between the two so it isn't a case of a single faker entering all the details rather different clerks at different times as you would expect especially as the one I have was issued by a WBK and not at the KL. Also there are a number of different handwriting styles throughout this example, again suggesting different clerks at different times.
    Price wise, it is twice what I paid for mine.

?

The Karl Künstler signature looks good - I used to own a genuine example some years ago. It also is dated during the time when he was serving as Kommandant at KL-Floßenbürg, a position he took over following the suicide of the previous Kommandant, Jakob Weiseborn.

Carl