Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Soldbuch

Article about: I have a Luftwaffe Soldbuch, and unfortunately cannot read German. Wondering if anyone can translate or know anyone that can?

Default Luftwaffe Soldbuch

I have a Luftwaffe Soldbuch, and unfortunately cannot read German. Wondering if anyone can translate or know anyone that can?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Soldbuch pages with writing

These are all the pages that are filled in.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Soldbuch   Luftwaffe Soldbuch  

Luftwaffe Soldbuch   Luftwaffe Soldbuch  

Luftwaffe Soldbuch  

Thank you for taking the time to look. Curios to know the fellows occupation? I was told he was aircrew?

If im reading this correctly, i believe he was in a flak unit.

I am leaning towards a flak unit also, but confused about the Platzkommando ?

The Platzkommando entry might have some link to the lei.Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 91 unit as both were located in Luftgau XI. Maybe a batterie was re-located there towards the end of the war, or the personnel were?

Platz - Kommando is the unit responsable for a certain military "place" (Platz) so he was in charge or something

He was hospitalized in October 1944 with stomach problems.

Seems like the guy was from East Prussia, as all his leaves are going there.

From October 44 to February 45 he officially belonged to Leichte Flak Abteilung 767, which retreated from the middle of Poland to the area just east of Berlin. However looks like he went to Lazaret already on the 16 of October 44, on the 28th of October he is transfered to another Lazaret. Cant read when he's released.

From February 45 he belongs to "Leichte Flak Ersatz Abteilung 91" which was postioned just east of Rostock and in April 45 he is again transfered to the HQ of Fuhlsbüttel airbase outside Hamburg.

Gentlemen I really appreciate the information given! I can make out Georg Harnna and rank of Flieger. He had equipment issued on 3 occasions once in 44 and twice in 45. It appears he was an older fellow 42 yrs of age. I have another LW Solbuch issued to a JU-88 pilot.
    It was fortunately translated when bought. The hand writing is much more legable. I also have the fellows side cap. I noticed differences in the 2 books' set up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast