Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name

Article about: Hello, Purchased a Luftwaffe Soldbuch with limited photos and wanted to get a head start before it is delivered. Will post all pages when I have it in hand. I cannot figure out the gentleman

Default Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name

Hello,

Purchased a Luftwaffe Soldbuch with limited photos and wanted to get a head start before it is delivered. Will post all pages when I have it in hand.

I cannot figure out the gentleman's name. Hope someone may be able to help.

He was a prison guard at Sagan-Belaria? This would be the prison of the famous "Great Escape"?

Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name
    P
    Many

Willi Wassmuth is my best take on it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It will be interesting to see the rest of the Soldbuch. From the two photos shown he wouldn't of been at Stalag-Luft III at the time of the Great Escape as that occurred in March 1944 and he wasn't posted to the camps at Sagan-Belaria until September 1944. Belaria was the punishment camp for the main camp and was used to hold the trouble makers, including Willy Flood who was instrumental in the Great Escape.

Thanks to both of you!

I should have the Soldbuch in a few days and will post all the pages.

OK. I got it in my hands! Here are some pictures to start off with (last pic shows extras that came with it):

Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with NameLuftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name

It looks like Willi Hofmuth to my eyes...
    congratulations on your new addition!
    cheers, Glenn

I'm with Ade: The name looks like "Waßmuth" to me, as well.

It seems Page 5 of the Soldbuch confirms Willi Wassmuth.

Very new to this so I'll be busy trying to make sense of all the entries.

21 Landesch.Kp is the unit that will confirm as to whether he was at Stalag Luft III during the Great Escape or not. If that unit was absorbed by Landesch.Kp d.Luftwaffe 5/III then it is very possible he was at one of the camps at the time. Unfortunately there is next to nothing of any details for Landeschützen units especially Luftwaffe related ones to provide a clear timeline for being at Sagan-Belaria.

For interests sake, here are two entries in a Wehrpass I have to a member of Landesch.Kp d.Luftwaffe 7/III who was at one of the Stalag-Luft III compounds during the Great Escape...

Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name Luftwaffe Soldbuch Help with Name