Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938 ausweis

Article about: i would really appreciate even if the pictures are posted sideways (i still do not know how i manage to do that/why this happens?) if anyone could tell me what red ink/markings are for?! why

Default need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938 ausweis

i would really appreciate even if the pictures are posted sideways (i still do not know how i manage to do that/why this happens?) if anyone could tell me what red ink/markings are for?! why do this card have them?
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis   need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis  

need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis
    P
    Many

The space where the red stamps are applied is headed "time stamp"; the first sentence of the text below it says "Only valid with current/continuous time stamp, name and personal signature!"

Given the term "time stamp", the number of boxes for the stamps (12) and the fact that the card was issued in August and has "VIII" and "IX" stamps, it is safe to assume that the card could have been valid for a maximum period of one year and that every month, a stamp with the Roman numeral for the respective month was added.

Do you mean the two Roman numerals? They are time stamps to show that the Ausweis has been checked and is valid for that period. Without the name, signature and correctly annotated time stamp (i.e. they had to run in order so the next one would of been X, and then XI etc) the Ausweis wouldn't be valid.

i have seen the red stamps also on other id cards, but until now i haven`t had a clue to what the purpose was.
    thank you!!! i appreciate it more than you might think.
    Stig

Not all time stamps were monthly. Some were quarterly as shown in this Luftwaffe Soldbuch and Heer Truppenausweis.

need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis need a little help with an Festungspionierstab 20 Landau Pfalz 1938  ausweis

Quote by bittaker View Post
    i have seen the red stamps also on other id cards, but until now i haven`t had a clue to what the purpose was.
    thank you!!! i appreciate it more than you might think.

You're welcome.

By the way, this man was a civilian laborer involved in the work on the Westwall. The ID authorized him to enter the sites at Baar / Winzerdorf and Zigeunerlager.

Winzerdorf was B-Werk 58a and Zigeunerlager was B-Werk 60. (B-Werke were the most heavily-fortified emplacements with concrete roofs and walls that were 1.5 meters thick.)