Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pioneer Soldbuch Help

Article about: I just bought this soldbuch from WAF member REDVIPER--Thomas. I have a few questions about it: 1) Why are the awards entered on page 22 out of order??? (dates are mixed) It KVKII 13-1-1941,

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Pioneer Soldbuch Help

Quote by Lt. Martin View Post
    I find it interesting that he was shot 3 times!!!!

That proves that he definitely saw combat. (and that he has Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Wound badge Silver, and the EKII)

Many Thanks,
    Swayne Martin
    That guy was one lucky German

Rgds Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pioneer Soldbuch Help
    P
    Many

Lucky is an understatement

Thanks,
    Swayne

Plus, he had nerve/mental problems resulting from his last gunshot wound entered.

I think I might have had mental problems also after being shot 3 times, and still fighting.

Thanks,
    Swayne

From Ian Jewison on WAF:

"I haven't read all of the thread so not sure if this has been covered, however if he was Pionier he would not be entitled to an IAB!

From the entry does it say Inf.Sturmabzeichen in Silber?

I have examples where it says Sturmabzeichen in Silber but this was for the GAB as also they were Pioniere!

Looks to be squeezed in a bit for that award......mind you there doesn't appear to be much space left....however if an IAB I would expect to see him in an Infanterie unit!"

Here is my reply:

"Well, that is a good point....I haven't yet seen page 17 so I am not sure what later units he was in.

I am quite nervous now, I think it does say Inf. Sturm. Azbeichen

Everybody told me that it was a good entry.

I am really confused now. It worries me that the awards would be in order if the IAB entry was not there. Everybody told me that it was an original entry, and I am a little frustrated that it may not be what people thought it was---after I bought it.

Can any body give me a definite answer?"

Thanks,
    Swayne

The 1944 dated entry does seem to be squeezed in between a dated entry of 1941 & another one for 1942. But wait until you get the soldbuch in hand. The answer could be on a page that you haven't seen yet.

Quote by Lt. Martin View Post
    From Ian Jewison on WAF:

"I haven't read all of the thread so not sure if this has been covered, however if he was Pionier he would not be entitled to an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen!

From the entry does it say Inf.Sturmabzeichen in Silber?

I have examples where it says Sturmabzeichen in Silber but this was for the GAB as also they were Pioniere!

Looks to be squeezed in a bit for that award......mind you there doesn't appear to be much space left....however if an Infanterie Sturmabzeichen I would expect to see him in an Infanterie unit!"

Here is my reply:

"Well, that is a good point....I haven't yet seen page 17 so I am not sure what later units he was in.

I am quite nervous now, I think it does say Inf. Sturm. Azbeichen

Everybody told me that it was a good entry.

I am really confused now. It worries me that the awards would be in order if the Infanterie Sturmabzeichen entry was not there. Everybody told me that it was an original entry, and I am a little frustrated that it may not be what people thought it was---after I bought it.

Can any body give me a definite answer?"

Thanks,
    Swayne
    Swayne,

If you look at the start of your thread you state you have already bought it.

Relax calm down at worse case someone has tried to make it look better, I don't think so though. An assault award would be inkeeping with the rest os his awards?

They could have entered the wrong award at time as even the WAF (Ian) lad states he has a few where it is Inf not Alg.

It is also a late war entry so the quality of the people entering the data would be geting lower too.

If you also consider awards were supposed to be in the Wehrpass not Soldbuch, as it was in the pocket all the time when in service, I suppose at times they would have entered things en-mass when lulls allowd it?

How much was it? Not too much anyway I hope €60-70

Regards

Jock

I bought it for 90 euros plus shipping.

Thanks,
    Swayne

90 Euros is about £70 / $115 so a decent price. It is still a very nice soldbuch regardless of the IAB entry.

Swayne,

I have had a closer look, you can see his Soldbuch has been updated at irregular intervals and mostly when he has been in the hospital. I like the entries that list all of his early awards as they were entered at a Lazerett. Some clerk has taken the time to verify his record from the parent unit I guess, and has enetered it. Then the silver wound badge Mar 44 with the unit stamp no doubt on return to duty then later the assault award, looks like an oversight as he has already seen lots of action?

Bearing in mind awards are a bonus in a Solbuch, I wouldn't worry!

Regards

Jock

Here are some new updates from other member of WAF:

I posted the link because there are to many posts to copy and paste:

Pionere Soldbuch for Review - Page 5 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Swayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2