Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei Dienstpass and Ausweiss. SA Sports award booklet

Article about: I picked up my first Polizei identification documents this week. First is an Hauptwachtmeister of the Gendarmerie. He won the EK2 in WW1 and joined the Polizei in 1927. His Dienstpass and Au

Default Polizei Dienstpass and Ausweiss. SA Sports award booklet

I picked up my first Polizei identification documents this week.

First is an Hauptwachtmeister of the Gendarmerie. He won the EK2 in WW1 and joined the Polizei in 1927.

His Dienstpass and Ausweiss are in great condition.

Polizei Dienstpass and Ausweiss.  SA Sports award booklet

Second, an SA Sports award booklet for an Oberwachtmeister of the Gendarmerie who won the bronze SA award. Of interest is that his entries are all signed by an SS Sturmbanfuhrer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Dienstpass and Ausweiss.  SA Sports award booklet
    P
    Many

Looks to be a nice little set. Any chance of seeing pages 10 & 11 in the Dienstpass please?

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Second, an SA Sports award booklet for an Oberwachtmeister of the Gendarmerie who won the bronze SA award. Of interest is that his entries are all signed by an SS Sturmbanfuhrer.
    Given the close ties between the SS and the police, it makes sense that the SS (rather than the SA) took care of training and testing policemen for the SA-Sportabzeichen / -Wehrabzeichen.

(The SS already had its own contingent of instructors and examiners for the badge as early as 1934, but initially, their number was very low and their training and licensing regulated by the SA, as was the whole award process. This meant that the SS was largely dependant on the SA in this field, which was a severe hindrance to the goal of every SS man qualifiying for the badge. In 1936, the system was reformed and the SS was now fully autonomous in all matters relating to the badge, especially in terms of training and licensing its own instructors and examiners.)