Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs

Article about: I suspect this has been a expensive lesson! I think the Soldbuch is ok, but the awards are not mentioned (nothing post May 42) also concerned that the signatary is a GOC of a Inf Div not a J

?

Default A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs

I suspect this has been a expensive lesson!

I think the Soldbuch is ok, but the awards are not mentioned (nothing post May 42) also concerned that the signatary is a GOC of a Inf Div not a Jager Division.

All advice is appreciated, please be kind as i know i was a foolish purchaser.
    The second part relates to a Albert Mocek (clear spelling or dealer oversight)

THIS BELOW HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM THE DEALERS OWN DESCRIPTION

"This auction is for an original WW2 German Soldbuch issued to Albert Muller a kannonier (gunner) in the artillery. The book is in good overall condition but it has been well used and there is a split in the spine above the staples, all pages, however are secure. The book has a host of entries in it and between the pages is pressed an ‘edelweiss’ indicating that at some point Muller went on an excursion to the Alps. Muller has seen a lot of action both in the invasion France and Russia. Muller was wounded 3.8.42. Included is the rarely encountered field issued silver wound badge certificate and the formal award certificate (issued in Vienna presumably while Muller was in Hospital) and a letter from Muller’s C.O to his wife explaining the circumstances leading to Muller’s injuries? Muller was awarded the iron cross second class in the field 24th August 1942 and his original award document signed by Generalleutnant U.Kdeur is also included with this grouping. I also have the EK2 that was awarded to Muller but it cannot be listed so ask for details if you want this as well. There are six photographs of Muller, some formal portraits and some in the field. One looks like it was taken in France and two undoubtedly in Russia. In one of his portraits you can see stirrups on his jackboots which aren’t really surprising as most artillery was horse drawn in the early years of the war and part of a Kannonier’s training would have been how to look after the horses. There is a dismissal certificate which would indicate that after promotion to obergefrieter July 1943 he was discharged from the army presumably due to his wounds (loss of eye). He was recalled in August 1944 and a form issued in Dortmund in 1965 confirms his service as being a member of the RAD from april to October 1939, the army from February 1940 to July 1943 and again from 31st august 1944 to 25th September 1944 ( I think that’s when he was captured by the British ). The final piece of the puzzle is his POW discharge certificate issued in the British sector on the 27th February 1946. Poignantly the 'distinguishing marks ' section of this form records 'loss of eye' - a reminder of the war that Muller would have carried with him for the rest of his life. All in all a superb grouping that would be difficult to match. The soldbuch and award documents are valuable in their own right but as a grouping present a unique opportunity."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  
    Attached Images Attached Images A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs
    P
    Many

?

Can i suggest that you take some close up photos , in focus and the right way up and then we will be able to advise you and give you further info, with theese terrible photos it is impossible to help in any way.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

The grouping definitely has promise, but as Paul says better pics would be nice. Stewy

I'm fluent in German but I cannot read anything due to the small size of the photos...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Many appologies i will retake the photos

From what can Be seen, so far, nothing yet seems outwardly fake. It will be interesting, for sure, to see better resolution photos from this grouping.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default These are the scans

These are the Soldbuch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs   A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  

A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs   A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs  

?

Default The final scans

I am not sure if the two discharges and pension info relate to the group?

A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docsA recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs
    Attached Images Attached Images A recent purchase of Gefr Muller Soldbuch and award docs 

?

Last picture is too small, i will rescan

A nice grouping, thanks for showing. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast