Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small Feldgendarmerie Group

Article about: Here is a small group I just obtained. The guy wasn't anything special and the book is well worn, though nice it came with the guys ID disc. He went from Pz. Abwehr into the Feldgendarmerie

?

Default Small Feldgendarmerie Group

Here is a small group I just obtained. The guy wasn't anything special and the book is well worn, though nice it came with the guys ID disc. He went from Pz. Abwehr into the Feldgendarmerie and by the end of the war was tossed into Festungs Infanterie Bataillon 1447 for the battle for Bratislava.

Small Feldgendarmerie Group

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Feldgendarmerie Group
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Small Feldgendarmerie Group

The entry for his Feldgendarmerie unit is rather faintly stamped.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Feldgendarmerie Group  

?

Came with his driving licence which was nice as I didn't have a Feldgendarmerie issued licence.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small Feldgendarmerie Group  

I think having the two most personal items, the tag and the Soldbuch together is really nice. You can see his face had aged in the years between 1940 and 1943.

Any wounds, awards etc?

Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

His unit stamp is clearest on the cover of the driving licence. 1 Kompanie, Feldgendarmerie Abteilung 521 (mot.)

Nothing special about the guy, but my reason for buying the set was not so much him, but the unit and who he would have served alongside. I wonder if anyone can guess who that would be ?

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think having the two most personal items, the tag and the Soldbuch together is really nice. You can see his face had aged in the years between 1940 and 1943.

Any wounds, awards etc?

Thanks for sharing them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

Yes its always nice to get "extras" like the dogtag coming along with a Soldbuch. No awards. What tickled my fancy was who he would have served with.

Arnie's Dad!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That was quick Ade ! Spot on. I have seen stuff to Feldgend Abt 521 before, but this guy was actually in the same Kompanie, a much smaller unit so would almost certainly have known Gustav Schwarzenegger. Maybe even Gustav was his immediate superior.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's father was in the Wehrmacht? I didn't know that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast