Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A small lot issued to an SA member

Article about: Nothing extravagant about this one, but one of my few "combined" lots concerning the Sturmabteilung. All the best, Stig ps! I think I seen an Arbeits Dank pin. Will that mean he us

Default A small lot issued to an SA member

Nothing extravagant about this one, but one of my few "combined" lots concerning the Sturmabteilung.
    All the best,
    Stig
    ps! I think I seen an Arbeits Dank pin. Will that mean he used to be in Reichsarbeitsdienst before joining the SA?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A small lot issued to an SA member   A small lot issued to an SA member  

A small lot issued to an SA member   A small lot issued to an SA member  

A small lot issued to an SA member   A small lot issued to an SA member  

A small lot issued to an SA member  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A small lot issued to an SA member
    P
    Many

Quote by bittaker View Post
    ps! I think I seen an Arbeits Dank pin. Will that mean he used to be in Reichsarbeitsdienst before joining the SA?
    That is indeed an Arbeitsdank pin in the civilian portrait, and it means he was with the Labor Service at some point.

(The Arbeitsdank [roughly "Labor Thanks"] was set up by the RAD's forerunner, the FAD/NSAD, in November 1933 as a welfare body acting as a form of health insurance for all Labor Service members who had sustained injuries or illness related to their work. It also assisted poorer members with acquiring further education or job skills in order to gain employment after leaving the service. All members of the FAD/NSAD and the later RAD were recquired to belong to and financially contribute to this organization.)

However, note that he was already with the SA at 18 years of age (he was born in 1916 and qualified for the SA Sports Badge in 1934), so it is actually much likelier that he first joined the SA, was later called up for obligatory RAD service and then went back to his SA duties.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 05-15-2017 at 05:32 AM.

It seems more accurate that he "re-joined" the SA. I didn`t think about the issue of obligatory RAD service.
    Thank you, Andreas.
    Stig