Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division

Article about: Hello all: As you can see, I am new here. My collecting interests have long been bent toward the American Civil War and the First World War, but over the past couple of years, I have picked

Default Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division

Hello all:

As you can see, I am new here. My collecting interests have long been bent toward the American Civil War and the First World War, but over the past couple of years, I have picked up several WWII Soldbuchs as I find them fascinating. My goal here is to learn, and therefore, I thought I would share some scans of one and see if the brain trust here might have any observations to share regarding it. If not, I hope you enjoy.

This one is for Wolfgang Schwarz of the 15th I.R. (mot.), which became the 15th Panzer Grenadiers of the 29th Panzer Grenadier Division. The fellow from whom
    I acquired it provided this description: "After training at NCO school, he served 1943 with Inf. Rgt. (mot.) 15 of the 29th Pz.Gren.Div., formed March '43 in France (its forerunner destroyed at Stalingrad). July '43 the unit was transferred to Italy (a.o. Sicily, Salerno, Cassino). Nov. '43 he was seriously injured (shank fracture due to gun shot) due to which he was finally March '45 discharged, medically unfit for active military service."

Chris

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier DivisionSoldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division
    P
    Many

Here are more pages.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

More...I believe page 22 is his entry for the Wound Badge in Black--dated 17/11/43.

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division   Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division  

These are the last of the pages I scanned--the cover and two loose documents which were in the rear pocket of the Soldbuch.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Attached Images Attached Images Soldbuch 15th I.R. (mot.) (15th Panzergrenadiers), 29th Panzergrenadier Division 

That is a nice honest Soldbuch to a soldier who spent most of his war going from one hospital to another after his wounding. When was the Soldbuch opened (the date should be on the bottom of Page 2)? Considering that the division was sent to Italy in July 1943 he only saw 4 months service in a front line unit before being injured.
    There are 2 German language books on the division so you should be able to get some good information on the battle that cost him dear...
    Amazon.com: Die 29. Falke-Division

?

One of my main areas of research is IR 15 and 29 ID (Mot ) . 29 Pz Gren Div , i'll have a look through my books and see if i can get you some further info , do you know whcih Kompanie he served with ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Welcome Nice Pass.....Honestly this is one of the Best sites for Collecting. The others you tend to need a Lawyer.

Ps Never Give in

?

Quote by Justin P View Post
    Welcome Nice Pass.....Honestly this is one of the Best sites for Collecting. The others you tend to need a Lawyer.

Ps Never Give in
    Nice to see you about mate !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hucks: Yes, Schwarz' career as a front-line soldier was fairly short, and with his wound, was something he probably suffered with for the rest of his life. Thanks for the "heads up" regarding the 29th Divisional histories--I will see if I can acquire copies. Also, I note from you post that I neglected to post Page 2, which I will do along with the other remaining pages tonight. I do remember that he was born in

Justin: Glad you liked the SB and thanks for the welcome.

Paul: Thanks for your offer of help. Regrettably, I don't know which Kompanie of the 15th he served with. Any info you may have would be appreciated. I have a distant relative who was with Company B of the American 141st Infantry of the 36th Division and who was mortally wounded during the landing at Salerno, Sept 9, 1943. He died the following day on a hospital ship in the Mediterranian. It is not lost on me that the 29th Pz Gren Div. was one of the units opposing the landings.

Chris

Paul:

If you look at the unit designation in the first scan (Page 4, b line, C Section), it looks like it might be
    2 Kp, IR 15 (mot).

Chris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast