Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch documents question

Article about: Hello Guys, I bought this Soldbuch last week, i don't think it's really special but it is in a nice complete condition for display next to my Wehrpasses. The Soldbuch came with 2 documents b

Default Soldbuch documents question

Hello Guys,

I bought this Soldbuch last week, i don't think it's really special but it is in a nice complete condition for display next to my Wehrpasses.
    The Soldbuch came with 2 documents but i don't really know what they are, can someone tell me?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch documents question   Soldbuch documents question  

Soldbuch documents question   Soldbuch documents question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch documents question
    P
    Many

They are receipts over the number of weeks for which social insurance contributions were paid.

Thanks!

You might not think that the Soldbuch is special but it has a highlight to it that isn't often seen. In 1944 he was awarded the Kriegsverdienstmedaille (KvM) which was awarded to civilians who made a contribution to the war effort. While a common enough award in itself it isn't something you see very often in a Soldbuch and is a good indicator of the German need for manpower at this late stage of the war that civilians who had previously been excused military service were now being called up. I have just under 200 Soldbucher/Wehrpasse in my collection and only one of them has a KvM entry and that is to a female nurse.
    Landesschützen-Bataillon 345 were used to guard PoW camps and was based around the Berlin area.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    You might not think that the Soldbuch is special but it has a highlight to it that isn't often seen. In 1944 he was awarded the Kriegsverdienstmedaille (KvM) which was awarded to civilians who made a contribution to the war effort. While a common enough award in itself it isn't something you see very often in a Soldbuch and is a good indicator of the German need for manpower at this late stage of the war that civilians who had previously been excused military service were now being called up. I have just under 200 Soldbucher/Wehrpasse in my collection and only one of them has a KvM entry and that is to a female nurse.
    Landesschützen-Bataillon 345 were used to guard PoW camps and was based around the Berlin area.
    A good observation.

The date for the award of the KVM as per the award document date was 30th January 1944.

Not too long afterwards, Rohde was mobilized: He was taken into military pay group 12 effective 24th February 1944. He was issued his Soldbuch, uniform items and kit on 15th March 1944.

Rohde's civilian occupation was as a Beamter, i.e. an official/civil servant; it is possible that he had been exempt from mobilization due to holding a position that was considered important for the war effort.

However, he must have been a reservist with previous military service, as he was mobilized as a Feldwebel, which is an SNCO rank.

By the way, I just noticed something I had overlooked the first time: The two civilian social insurance documents are actually not for Ferdinand Rohde himself, but for Mrs. Liesbeth Rohde, née Dietrich; apparently his wife.

Hucks216 and HPL2008 are two people we are glad are members!

Their expertise in documents and translation are invaluable and they are always willing to assist those of us who collect paperwork but have difficulty with the German language.

Thanks guys we DO appreciate it!!

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "