Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soldbuch Normandy / Ardennes 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend

Article about: by hucks216 Good to see that it has arrived. Is there a HJ related signature next to that entry in the second from last image? Yeah it's in hand now Kevin , there is something written there

?

Default Re: Soldbuch Normandy / Ardennes 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Good to see that it has arrived. Is there a HJ related signature next to that entry in the second from last image?
    Yeah it's in hand now Kevin , there is something written there , but has the stamp over some of it , so i will try taking a photo of it tomorrow & post it here , perhaps you can make it out

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch Normandy / Ardennes 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend
    P
    Many

?

just got the camera out & took a quick snap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Normandy / Ardennes 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend   Soldbuch Normandy / Ardennes 12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend  

That's hard to make out. Ostuf. Studier was Kompanie-Chef after Krüger (who held that position in June 1944) but that is signed by a Kp-Führer which is a temporary assignment either before it is made official or on a temporary basis until a permanent Chef is placed in command. I can't see 'Studier' in that signature but as I don't have his signature on file I have nothing to compare it against so you never know.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    That's hard to make out. Ostuf. Studier was Kompanie-Chef after Krüger (who held that position in June 1944) but that is signed by a Kp-Führer which is a temporary assignment either before it is made official or on a temporary basis until a permanent Chef is placed in command. I can't see 'Studier' in that signature but as I don't have his signature on file I have nothing to compare it against so you never know.
    Thanks Kev , perhaps some one may have a copy of his signature & can post it for a comparison .

?

Hucks216, How do you know that Kompaniefuhrer is a temporary assignment before permanent position as Kompanie Chef? Is it written in manual. I would really like to know.
    Thanks
    Scott

Perhaps in the book from Hubert Meyer....
    This man was a long time in one SS depot and the HJ, when ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Ok, but is there a reference to it in a manual of the times?

Quote by strmn View Post
    Hucks216, How do you know that Kompaniefuhrer is a temporary assignment before permanent position as Kompanie Chef? Is it written in manual. I would really like to know.
    Thanks
    Scott
    I'm afraid I have no idea if it is in any official period publication.

In 1944, there was in the HJ, many young men(crack babies) except the officers from the LAH. After the Normandy, many were killed, so they must replace the died by other soldiers, older, like this one.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Do you have pictures of the last pages with permits ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2