Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this grouping up recently. German paperwork is probably my favorite thing to collect. Every little item tells a story. The story goes that this was found all together. All

Default Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others

Hi guys,

I picked this grouping up recently. German paperwork is probably my favorite thing to collect. Every little item tells a story.

The story goes that this was found all together. All of the papers have age spots from where they have been stuck together for so long. I carefully unfolded and got photos of each page of the soldbuch, as well as every other paper item.

Let's start off with the soldbuch:

It came in a green cover. The front does not have his name written on it, so I suppose his soldbuch was never filed away by his kompanie for any reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others
    P
    Many

The first page indicates that the book belonged to Johann Neumeier, who was the Hitler-stache bearing, older gentleman in the photo.

Page 2 reveals that his original rank was that of a 'bausoldat', or a construction soldier. Having joined earlier in the war, his soldbuch and erkennungsmarke numbers match: 1011. His blood type was 'O', his gas mask size was '2', and he received a promotion on August 1st, 1942 to 'Gefreiter'. It was likely later in the month when he actually received the promotion, because these were retroactively listed in soldbücher as being on the 1st of every month.

Also, note the little flower I found pressed up next to the photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Page 2 lists personal details. He was born on May 10th, 1905. I cannot make out Johann's birthplace or occupation. Could a Sütterlin reader please help me out? He was a Bavarian Catholic. He stood at 1.75 meters tall (about 5 feet, 9 inches) and had a slim build. His hair was brown, and his eyes were, I think, 'grüngelb' (green-yellow).

The bottom of page 2 is where the information on pages 1 and 2 were notarized by the Johann's original unit. Johann was a member of 1st Kompanie, Construction Reserve Battalion 7.

Page 3 lists changes made to the information presented on pages 1 and 2. On August 1st, 1942, while a member of 3. Kompanie, Nachschub-Battailon (motorisiert) 604, or 'Supply Battalion (motorized) 604', he received a promotion to the rank of 'gefreiter'.

Very nice grouping thanks for sharing.

The information contained on page 4 is gold. It reveals Johann's original unit, replacement unit, and field unit. Gefreiter Neumeier spent most of the war with 3. Kompanie, Nachschub-Battailon (Mot.) 604.

Page 5 lists Johann's next-of-kin. The most I can make out here is Johann Neumeier's name, and that his wife lives in Traunstein. I cannot make out the address or his wife's name. Could someone please help me out?

The next pages list Johann's issued equipment.

Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Page 8 lists other special equipment Johann was issued. I cannot read anything on this page. A translation would be much appreciated.

Page 9 lists Johann's inoculations. Interestingly enough, section 'e' is filled out. This is supposedly quite uncommon.

Can someone please read this note for me? These pages were for optometrics, but it is empty (as were most).

These two pages list Johann's hospital stays. He spent November 14th, 1943 - December 14th, 1943 in a hospital for 'other contagious diseases'.

Gefreiter Neumeier's soldbuch underwent two security checks, as displayed on page 15.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast