Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this grouping up recently. German paperwork is probably my favorite thing to collect. Every little item tells a story. The story goes that this was found all together. All

Very nice piece Mo.
    Thank you for sharing.

Cheers
    Nuno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others
    P
    Many

Pages 16 and 17 are blank.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Pay records. Can someone please read for me the note at the bottom of page 18?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Pages 21 and 22 list his awards. He earned the wound badge in black, the war merit cross with swords, and the ostmedaille. What is written on page 22?

Page 23 lists periods of leave over 5 days. He went home to Traunstein four times over his service career.

Blank vacation page and more inoculations.

The rest of the soldbuch. Gefreiter Neumeier was issued a K98 and a bayonet.

I will post the rest after class.

Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others   Soldbuch, shoulderboard, and paperwork to Gefreiter Johann Neumeier & Others  

Ok, real quick- here's the shoulderboard I found behind the back cover.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    He was born on May 10th, 1905. I cannot make out Johann's birthplace or occupation. Could a Sütterlin reader please help me out?He was a Bavarian Catholic. He stood at 1.75 meters tall (about 5 feet, 9 inches) and had a slim build. His hair was brown, and his eyes were, I think, 'grüngelb' (green-yellow).
    Mr. Neumaier was from Moosleiten near Laufen in Upper Bavaria ["Obb." = Oberbayern]. (It's in the Berchtesgaden area.)

He was an unskilled laborer [Hilfsarbeiter] in civilian life.

As for the eye-color: "grüngelbl." is short for "grüngelblich", meaning green-yellowish.

The most I can make out here is Johann Neumeier's name, and that his wife lives in Traunstein. I cannot make out the address or his wife's name. Could someone please help me out?
    His wife's name was Katharina Neumaier, née Schmid, place of residence Kammererstr. 14, Traunstein.

Page 8 lists other special equipment Johann was issued. I cannot read anything on this page. A translation would be much appreciated.
    He was issued additional winter gear, namely 1 surcoat [Übermantel] (crossed out), 1 wool vest [Wollweste], 1 scarf [Schal], 1 fur cap [Pelzhaube] 1 pair of pants liners [Unterziehhose].
    The second entry is a permission to have 1 field greatcoat [Feldmantel], 1 dress tunic [Waffenrock] and pants [Hose] exchanged while with a homeland-based unit. The entry is signed by his Hauptmann-ranked company commander.

Can someone please read this note for me? These pages were for optometrics, but it is empty (as were most).
    The entry has nothing to do with optometrics; the page was clearly used to add data to another page that was already full.

He was issued 1 set of skin decontamination ointment [Hautentgiftungssalbe], 1 set of cleaning material [Reinigungsmittel] and 1 pair of eye protectors [Augenschützer; not quite sure what that is, apparently protective goggles].

The entry was signed by one Feldwebel Jung.

Pay records. Can someone please read for me the note at the bottom of page 18?
    It says...:

"Familienunterhalt seit 15.4.40
    vom Bürgermeister d.
    [= der] Stadt
    Traunstein, Abtlg. f. F.-U.
    [= Abteilung für Familienunterhalt]"

...i.e.:

"Familiy allowance since 15/4/40
    by the mayor of the town of
    Traunstein, department for family allowance
    "

What is written on page 22?
    Nothing very glamorous. I am not familiar with all the abbreviations, but these are entries for issued soap rations. Such entries are also found on page 20.

Thanks so much Andreas! Your work is always appreciated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast