Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soldbuch Überzieher

Article about: Picked up these two Soldbuch Covers today. The first two I have, I do have a number of Wehrpass Covers, when you reflect the soldiers carried the soldbuchs on their person at nearly all time

?

Default Soldbuch Überzieher

Picked up these two Soldbuch Covers today. The first two I have, I do have a number of Wehrpass Covers, when you reflect the soldiers carried the soldbuchs on their person at nearly all times and the condition some of the soldbuchs got into. You would think there would be more soldbuch covers around, oddly the reverse seems to be the case, more Wehrpass covers, although they rarely came into the soldiers possession and being held by the unit's administation. Strangely it seems they bought wehrpass covers !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soldbuch Überzieher   Soldbuch Überzieher  

Soldbuch Überzieher  
    Last edited by AlecH; 07-17-2011 at 09:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch Überzieher
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soldbuch Überzieher

Nice set!

Does seam Odd they would use Werphass covers. Then again the Werphass its self was issued from a Early Date when things maybe were a little more Relaxed--Private Purchase for a Discharged Vet)? Regarding the Soldbuch covers, guess they were not Considered a necessary luxury?

Very, very nice Wehrpasses were carried by the man until they were 'called up' hence the covers. When they joined their unit they handed in the Wehrpass & were issued a Soldbuch. As for why they didn't use Soldbuch covers as much, who knows?, Cheers, Richard.

?

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Very, very nice Wehrpasses were carried by the man until they were 'called up' hence the covers. When they joined their unit they handed in the Wehrpass & were issued a Soldbuch. As for why they didn't use Soldbuch covers as much, who knows?, Cheers, Richard.
    Just my take on this but I would think that as the Soldbuch was stored at the unit prior to it being given to the soldier, and the name was usually written on the outside of the cover, wouldn't it make sense to store them without covers? Maybe that is why the soldiers kept them in their wehrpass covers...?

Regards

Carl

Hi Carl, that sounds logical. I could see that happening, Cheers, Richard.