Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner

Article about: This is my only Solbuch, but it is an interesting one I think? A Heer pattern book which was issued to an SS Flak gunner. Heer pattern Soldbuchs were sometimes issued to the Waffen SS, if th

Default Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner

This is my only Solbuch, but it is an interesting one I think?

A Heer pattern book which was issued to an SS Flak gunner. Heer pattern Soldbuchs were sometimes issued to the Waffen SS, if the SS pattern book was not available.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner

More scans and some info:

After the defeat of Poland, Oskar joined the German Police in Litzmannstadt on Oct.14. 1939, he was allowed to do so because of his German roots. (The Groschangs came from Southern Germany and setteled near Litzmannstadt (Lodz, Poland) in the early 1800’s. A Groschang from Litzmannstadt born in 1886 fought in WWI in a German unit, possible Oskar’s father or Uncle) The police, as you know was under the juristiction of the SS.

Page 4,c.) Flak.Abt. d. 10.SS Pz.Gren.Div, Lschutz Battr. that is: Flak-Abteilung der 10. SS Panzer-Grenadier- Division (Frundsberg), Luftschutz Batterie (Air- defence Batterie) interesting that all entries are scrached (Did he leave the SS again or ?)

Page 22, entry Medaille für Deutsche Volkspflege (Medal for German Social Welfare)

The Feldpostnummer in the Soldbuch is for “Frundsburg”.

On 5 June 1943 per direction of the SS Führungs Hauptamt 12f Amt V IIb (I) of 21.5.43 “exempted from war duty (“Uk”) and as SS Sturmmnann discharged from the Waffen SS to Police Administration Litzmannstadt. Transferred through SS Recruiting Office XXI (Warthe) in Posen.
    Instructed about spying, counter-esoionage, high treason, protection of service secrets etc.
    Medical discharge report: healthy and ready for discharge. Further findings: Necessity for duty requirement no longer exists. Arolsen (waldeck) 5.6.43 and signature of W-SS 1st Lt “Scribble” Co of 1st Battery/SS Antiaircraft Training and Replacement Regiment.

Right hand page notes that he has been paid food allowance up to and including 18.6.43 and salary ditto, but has NOT been paid his discharge money because he has still not turned in his “marching kit” (Marschanzug).
    Attached Images Attached Images Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner  Soldbuch to a Waffen SS Flak gunner 

Very nice! Was there a picture of that guy? Here examples of SS-Flak. E. Abt. dog-tags - one was close to that one from your soldbuch..

Hi, thanks fo the comments. No, the soldbuch never had a photo fitted.

Nice tag!

Cheers, Ade.

This one looks great Ade!
    I have never owned a Solbuch before...
    Dam you Ade, now I have to have some Solbuch`s for my collection!! he he

Best regards from Norway

Thanks for the comments guys.

I can let you into a little secret now. One of Oskar's relatives contacted me through the forum. She was doing her family tree and very kindly provided me with a photo of him and some of his brothers. She did not give me permission to post them in public, so I will honour her wishes. But I was very excited to recieve them. How lucky was that!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice SB indeed. Have you been able to determine who any of the signatures belong to?

Hi Hucks, no I haven't.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the information!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast