Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Article about: by downeast Thank you. Small piece of paper neatly folded in the back of the booklet which may be of some interest.... This was issued by the 2nd Company of Grenadier Regiment 726 in its loc

Default Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Is this a German soldier's I.D.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

Default re: Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Yes it is. It is his Army pass.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Open it up and show us some photos of the inside, downeast. Usually alot of need stuff written in them. Does it still contain the photo?

Jay

Here are copies of some of the "busier" pages. Hoping this fellow was the owner of the tunic from the 135 Rgt that I have on another thread as they both came from the same footlocker but I have my doubts. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß  Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß 

Hard to see much from your Photos, Possible last unit, Inf Rgt 726 (26.10.43) ?

Edit: That would be Grenadier Rgt. 726 Presuming the date is Correct !
    Last edited by Justin P; 01-28-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Last entry in this soldier'd I.D.

Person I know who speaks some German thought it might be some form of medical discharge.

Any thoughts?

If he has been discharged from military service there should be entries on Pg 24.

Quote by downeast View Post
    Last entry in this soldier'd I.D.

Person I know who speaks some German thought it might be some form of medical discharge.

Any thoughts?
    These are the results of a medical follow-up examination, conducted by the Regimental Medical Officer of Grenadier Regiment 726 on 1 June 43 in the unit's local billets. ["O.U." means "Ortsunterkunft"]

The various "A-plus-number" entries are codes identifying individual health defects, but I have no reference material on their specific meanings. In any case, all "A-Fehler" ["A-defects"] did not result in unfitness for duty. (There were also "B", "Z", "L", "U" and "vU"-defects.)

Thus, the man was found "k.v.", which means "kriegsverwendungsfähig", i.e. "fit for war service". This was the highest general category of fitness for duty.

(The lower categories, in descending order of fitness, were "g.v.F." [= "garnisonsverwendungsfähig Feld", i.e. fit for garrison duty in the field], "g.v.H." [= "garnisonsverwendungsfähig Heimat", i.e. fit for home-area garrison duty] and "a.v." [= "arbeitsverwendungsfähig", i.e. fit for work duty]. "w.u." = "wehruntauglich" meant not fit for military duty.)

According to Medical Defect table, taken from Emilie Stewart's WP Book

30, Poor teeth and Gums

52 Stomach problems

75/76 Feet problems

Thank you. Small piece of paper neatly folded in the back of the booklet which may be of some interest....Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast