Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Article about: by downeast Thank you. Small piece of paper neatly folded in the back of the booklet which may be of some interest.... This was issued by the 2nd Company of Grenadier Regiment 726 in its loc

Default re: Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß

Quote by downeast View Post
    Thank you. Small piece of paper neatly folded in the back of the booklet which may be of some interest....
    This was issued by the 2nd Company of Grenadier Regiment 726 in its local billets on 23 October 1943 and signed by the Oberleutnant-ranked Company Commander.
    It is the confirmation that no punishments were administered against Gefreiter Günter Sielemann by the Company.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soldier's I>D> Heer Wehrpaß
    P
    Many

Nice WP. Where did he serve? Cheers, Richard.

From the Lexikon der Wehrmacht:

Grenadier Regiment 726

Created on 15 October 1942 by the renaming of the 726 Infantry Regiment of 716th Infantry Division in France assumed. On 13 April 1944 became part of the Eastern Battalion 439 as V. battalion in the regiment. The regiment was employed in the summer of 1944 in Normandy, where it had suffered heavy losses. It was subsequently reorganized, but in the Colmar bridgehead in 1945 destroyed again.
    Installed on 14 new April 1945 on the Upper Rhine from the staff of the old regiment, the First Battalion of the Rifle Training Battalion 75 and the Second Battalion of the 195th Infantry Training Battalion

Replacement unit

Grenadier Replacement Battalion 216

Nice one

The last service records in Gefreiter Günter Sielemann's I.D. are in the Fall of 1943. I suspect he did not fare well in France most likely Normandy in the summer of 1944.

Hello folks
    The Wehrpass was issued to a Gustav Sielemann born in Bielefeld Schildische on 01.11.1908.
    According to the German War Graves website he was died in april 1945 in the Kriegsgefangenen Lager Borisov

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2