Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Panzerkampf Urkunde !

Article about: Came across this SS Tank Destruction citation in a glass frame, the height has been cropped slightly measures 19,5cm x 15cm. Up till now, I've not found another SS tank destruction citation

?

Default SS Panzerkampf Urkunde !

Came across this SS Tank Destruction citation in a glass frame, the height has been cropped slightly measures 19,5cm x 15cm. Up till now, I've not found another SS tank destruction citation to compare it with, searched Weitze's site and other German dealers, drawn a blank. The SS unit I've not been able to find any information on - Kradsch. Btl. SS T Div 1, the stamp reads Stab / Kradsch. Btl. 44 -T- Div1 or read the SS commanders signature. My question is the citation genuine ? has anyone info. on the SS unit or recognise the commanders signature. (the paper has no stain, its my shadow) help appreciated. Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Panzerkampf Urkunde !   SS Panzerkampf Urkunde !  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzerkampf Urkunde !
    P
    Many

I'd have thought SS recipients would have received the same citations as Wehrmacht soldiers. I can't recall ever having seen a citation for any type of award in a style specific to the SS. The abundance of SS runes makes me feel uneasy, as well. As does the fact that you haven't been able to locate a similar example elsewhere. Hopefully someone here knows award citations better than I do, and can authenticate this one for you.

Regards, B.B.

?

The SS Totenkopf Division had 2 Kradschützen Kompanien and they were part of the SS Aufklärung Abteilung (mot) of the division. The number 44 is not 44 they are actually SS runes. I am also having some doubts about the citation, but I am interested in others opinions.

Regards, Rik

It is a complete fantasy piece. First of all, by late 1944 Totenkopf never had a Kradsachutzen-Bataillon. Secondly what is the soldier's unit designation meant to be, SS T.Div. 1 - what has the 1 got to do with anything in regards to the Totenkopf Division title? Thirdly, by late 1944 Totenkopf was SS-Panzer-Division-Totenkopf, it stopped being SS-Division Totenkopf in November 1942. The signature is fake and always question why a single citation is being sold framed, especially SS. It stops you getting a proper hands on look at it.

?

Thank everyone for the posts and information, much appreciated.