Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Soldbuch - For Your review

Article about: Hello friends, I'm not expert about SS stuff so I would make sure this soldbuch is original. Can you control it for me ? Thank you in advance for your help, bye friends!

?

Default SS Soldbuch - For Your review

Hello friends,

I'm not expert about SS stuff so I would make sure this soldbuch is original.

Can you control it for me ?

Thank you in advance for your help, bye friends!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Soldbuch - For Your review   SS Soldbuch - For Your review  

SS Soldbuch - For Your review   SS Soldbuch - For Your review  

Last edited by Destra; 01-26-2015 at 02:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Soldbuch - For Your review
    P
    Many

Looks good to me.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you Adrian for your help!

?

Appears to be marked with artillery regiment and KZ staff (KL-Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg) markings.

?

If you can post better , closer photos it will be easier to decipher the book for you , but it looks a good one.

The photo stamps are as Carl says from Sachsenhausen , whilst he was also with SS Artillerie Ersatz ( Replacement ) Regiment , 4 Batterie.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Closer pictures are better but it looks good to me too

MAP
    ?

I will leave it to the experts here but was wondering what your thoughts were on my question

In looking at the two stamps over the photo (pic #5). The one on the top left appears to be quite clear/clean although it is bordering the top edge of the book that is heavily worn and torn, like it was stamped after the wear and tear. I would expect it to look a bit more ragged.

It could just be the quality/clarity of the pictures or my aging eyes....

Thanks for any input someone may have.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    In looking at the two stamps over the photo (pic #5). The one on the top left appears to be quite clear/clean although it is bordering the top edge of the book that is heavily worn and torn, like it was stamped after the wear and tear. I would expect it to look a bit more ragged.
    Thanks for any input someone may have.

Michael
    Hello Michael.
    In my opinion, the paper used for the covers of these are actually quite durable as are the inks as long as they don't get overly wet. If you look at where the wear is on the outer circle of the stamp, you can see some "fluffing" to part of the arc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Ralph,

Yeah see that now,

Also looked like there is a tear in the paper between the two "F's" in Waffen but maybe it's just a crease.

thanks!

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

looks fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast