Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Wehrpass from Mauthausen?

Article about: Hi, found this listed for sale on another website - anyone have any doubts about its genuity? Thanks, Robbie

?

Default SS Wehrpass from Mauthausen?

Hi, found this listed for sale on another website - anyone have any doubts about its genuity?
    Thanks, Robbie

Last edited by Styx; 11-11-2011 at 08:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wehrpass from Mauthausen?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Wehrpass from Mauthausen?

Well, one red flag for me would be the weapon entry of MPi 'Schmeisser' - Schmeisser was an Allied term for the MP 38/40 and as the pen used for that entry is the same for all the other weapon entries I'd have doubts about all those particular entries. I can't comment on the unit entries as the KZ related Wehrpasse are heavily faked and they are getting better at it and I don't collect camp related Wehrpasse or Soldbucher so hopefully another member can help you with those entries. It has been on the dealers site for a long time which might also be an indication of whether it is ok or not as all the other KZ related ones (Sachsenhausen etc) that were originally listed with this one was were all sold within days, but this one hasn't gone anywhere.

?

Robbie can you see what is the last unit he served with 10 / SS pz Gren Btl ................. ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Robbie can you see what is the last unit he served with 10 / SS pz Gren Btl ................. ?
    The dealer lists it as 'Frundsberg'.

Here is the dealer's description...

This very interesting historical document was issued February 2,1943 to Andreas Brinsky in Koenigsberg, Germany. He was directly assigned to one of the Death Head units at Mauthausen concentration camp. Late war Waffen SS Wehrpass to Concentration Camp guard Andreas Brinsky. A Guard with 4/SS T. Stuba Mauthausen/Oberdonau, February to May 1942, then moved to 1/ss Totenkopf Strumbann Mauthausen until February 1944. he then moved to 4/SS T. Stuba Mauthausen Oberdonau until September 1944. He was then called up for front line service, being posted to K.M.V. Boehmen until October 1944, when he moved to 10th SS Pz. Gren. Btl “Frundsberg” during which time Frundsberg took part in the Counter offensive against the British XXX Corps during the Battle for Arnhem, and the final German counterattacks against the "Arnhem Corridor". On 27th October 1944 remaining elements of the First Allied Airborne Army evacu-ated the Arnhem Corridor and the Division was sent to Geilenkirchen in Germany, to rest and refit. After this no further units are shown in the pass. Photo is complete in the front but completely blank, having been water or chemically damaged or deleted. (It is possible a photographer could treat this photo with developer and redevelop it). Weapons training includes SmG 37, LMG 26, Steyr pistol 12/08 and MPi. “Schmeisser”. 20th April 1944 Brinsky was promoted to SS Sturmmann. Inside the book is a page from an equipment issue document (possibly from his Soldbuch?), from ‘KMV Böhmen’ dated September 1944 and listing all the combat gear Brinsky was issued with for front line service. Also what looks like a small receipt in a Baltic or Balkan language? The book is in marginal condition, being water damaged and very dry, but whole and fully legible. The photo again seems almost purposely erased – maybe by Brinsky.
    Brinsky served from February 1943 to May 1943 in the 4.SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann in Mauthausen, was then transfered to the 1./SS-Totenkopf-Sturmbann Mauthausen and in September 1944 back to 4./SS-T.-Stuba' Brinsky was trained on the regular rifle, the heavy and light machine guns, Steyr pistol and "Schmeisser" submachine gun.

?

Cheers Hucks , 10 Kompanie SS Pz Gren Btl " Frundsburg " makes no sense as the Divison had two numbered Pz Gren Regiments ?? Unless a Kampfgruppe was formed using this title after Arnhem but not to my knowledge !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I don't like it at all. It looks like someone just ruined a perfectly good heer wehrpaß to me.

?

Ah, fantastic, thanks for the warning everyone - I'll leave well alone. Much appreciated!

A lot looks wrong with this, too many entries in the same pen and handwriting, signs of washing out of previous entries, illogical entries. Stay well away from this, IMO.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.