Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Units in Soldbuch

Article about: Hi All, I've just picked up a Soldbuch to a Feldwebel Richard Bauch Panzer-Fusilier-Regiment 79. It's a replacement Soldbuch with uniform photo. Dated 15/09/1944. He was entitled to: - Medai

Default Units in Soldbuch

Hi All, I've just picked up a Soldbuch to a Feldwebel Richard Bauch
    Panzer-Fusilier-Regiment 79. It's a replacement Soldbuch with uniform photo. Dated 15/09/1944. He was entitled to: - Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. October 1938, Verwundetenabzeichen
    in Schwarz, Iron Cross 2nd Class and Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silver. It came with a write up as follows: - "The soldbuch was issued after the release of Richard from hospital where he was
    recovering from a bullet wound. He joined Marschkompanie Grenadier-Ersatz-Batl.164 Tarnowitz. He then joined Panzer-Fusilier-Regiment 79 part of XXIV Panzerkorps. After a short time with this unit Richard was again hospitalised on 3/12/1944 with nervous and mental disorders. He was then released on 25/03/1945. Richard was again wounded 30/05/1945, by a grenade splinter 22 days after the war had ended, he was
    then discharged on 3/10/1945 and begin work as medical personnel."

My question is, can anybody work out the units he served in & where they were serving at the time ?(the hand writing beats me) As I'd like to know where he won his awards.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Units in Soldbuch   Units in Soldbuch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Units in Soldbuch
    P
    Many

Default Re: Units in Soldbuch

Mate,

He's a bit of a sick note, the page you show list the hospitals/medical centers that he has been in with the illness down the side in code form, there are list available that explain these codes and I'm sure Ade will be able to help you in that area. If you can make a better photo or a scan I will have a pop at the locations for you. I can make out Reserve Hospital Hiedlberg? Department of 'chirurg' perhaps chiropadist? Possible foot problems? Frostbite?

Regards

Jock

Hi Jock, thanks for the feedback. Yeah he doesn't seem to have been too lucky. If you click on the picture it should give you an enlarged image. Cheers, Richard.

Here's another couple of pages. They look like the right ones for the units, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Units in Soldbuch  

Mate,

The writing is hard but in paragraph D is the list of units excuse my spelling English and German;
    Gren Ertz U Ausb Batl 164 = Grenadier Replacement and Training Battalion 164.
    Gren Ertz Btl 372= Grenadier Replacement Battalion 372. Fenken or Tenken?
    Gren Ertz?? Btl 38= Grenadier Replacement Battalion 38. No chance??
    Pz Gren Ertz Batl 64=Panzer Grenadier Replacement Battalion 64. ?anggerfort?

Hope this helps it may be wrong but I'm very sure of the numbers and replacement battalions would be in keeping with that stage of the war the writing is terrible.

regards

jock

Thanks Jock, Yeah, the writings so bad it makes mine look good!!!! Cheers, Richard.

Here's his award details. I should have posted them to start with
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Units in Soldbuch