Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf

Article about: Hi Chaps, having a problem figuring this Wehrpass to Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf out. I can see he served with a Flak unit at home; but did he have any combat service? On page 12 I can't

Default Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf

Hi Chaps, having a problem figuring this Wehrpass to Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf out. I can see he served with a Flak unit at home; but did he have any combat service? On page 12 I can't figure out the last 2 unit entries written in ink. Also there seems to be no service after Dec 1942; but I can't see he was killed in the pass or discharged? There's no record of him on the German War Graves website? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf   Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf  

Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf   Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf  

Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf   Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf  

Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf
    P
    Many

He was transferred to Division Hermann Goering as a medic. That would fit the date as 5,000 Luftwaffe personnel were sent to the unit in October 1942 to upgrade it from a Brigade. After that a lot of the division were sent to Tunisia so if he was one of those who went to Africa then he could of been taken prisoner in May 1943 and why there are no further entries. He served in the ambulance platoon (Krankenkraftwagen- Zug) in the medical unit of HG. I can't make out what the very last unit is in page 12 but it belongs to Division Hermann Goering.
    His previous unit also went to Africa and were also taken prisoner in May 1943.
    And I have no idea what the scribbles say on page 15 - post war added perhaps.

Thanks Hucks216, that's brilliant info. I did wonder if the word on page 12 was Goring; but thought I was reading it incorrectly.
    Now, the first line on page 15 looks like 24/03/42 to 23/06/42 - H.G. Laz.?.?.(Trop) which would tie in,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unteroffizier Helmut Ohlendorf  
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 05-29-2018 at 07:27 PM.

He wasn't in HG that early, he was serving in Flak units until October 1942.

Yeah, I see what you mean