Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volkssturm grouping Gau 9 Hamburg

Article about: Though I rarely contribute to this part of the forum ( something I should really rectify) I thought I would start with a small grouping I recently acquired to a Vet from Altona in Hamburg. T

Default Volkssturm grouping Gau 9 Hamburg

Though I rarely contribute to this part of the forum ( something I should really rectify) I thought I would start with a small grouping I recently acquired to a Vet from Altona in Hamburg. The Volkssturm and late war documentation is an area of interest and research for me and I am gradually building up a nice little collection which I will slowly post.

Many Thanks
    Robin
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]816092[/ATTACH
    ]Volkssturm grouping Gau 9 Hamburg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkssturm grouping Gau 9 Hamburg  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm grouping Gau 9 Hamburg
    P
    Many

great items you have Robin.

That's quite a trove, Robin...excellent score, and some of my favorite subjects...Volkssturm and Weimar-Era Militia/Home Guard...
    cheers, Glenn

Nice set. Interesting to see that the Adolf Hitler picture/page has been ripped out of the Soldbuch which is commonly encountered.

Hello Hucks, I have two Volkssturm Soldbuchs that still retain the picture of AH. These however were part of a horde group that I believe were retained at Company level and although all details were filled out were not issued to the recipient. It seems to be very common as with the group I have posted to remove the picture however it is also interesting that the owner did not also de-nazify the covers.

Quote by robin morley View Post
    ...It seems to be very common as with the group I have posted to remove the picture however it is also interesting that the owner did not also de-nazify the covers.
    It is the same with the example I have. The AH photo has been removed but the Soldbuch hasn't been denazified even though it was issued.

a nice collection : )
    why is there a some kinda id tag (don`t know the right word to use) fastened inside the document?
    what was its purpose?
    Stig

Hello Stig and thanks for taking the time to reply. The group has only been in my hands for a number of days and due to a rapidly approaching deadline for a University paper I have as yet done minimal research on it. All I can do is parrot the reply of the person who sold me the group, ( a person who's opinion and expertise on soldbuchs I respect). He stated that the tag was Herr Biehl's Erkennungsmarken from his service in the Kreigsmarine in WW1. I would suggest he placed it in the Wehrpass as some kind of memento.

I would like to invite other opinions or corrections regarding this as I am always keen to learn.

Many thanks

Robin

thanx for letting me know. i was a little afraid to ask a question that might sound "stupid". don`t want to make a fool out of myself!!!!
    learned something new today also : )
    Stig

Hi Stig, You can always ask a question here, One thing I realise is how little I know. Most of the forum members here are great at helping normally without the slightest hint of ego.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast