Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Wehrpass

Article about: Hi folks your thoughts and opinions are greatly welcome I bought this Wehrpass in 1994 in an antique shop in Nürnberg. That was back in the days long before i had a computer. The Wehrpass se

Default Waffen SS Wehrpass

Hi folks your thoughts and opinions are greatly welcome
    I bought this Wehrpass in 1994 in an antique shop in Nürnberg. That was back in the days long before i had a computer. The Wehrpass seems ok as Fritz Müller did exist, however according to the German War Graves website he was killed on the 14.05.1940 and is buried in Lommel in Belgium. I this is true and it´s the exact same person then i´m afraid the Wehrpass has been manipulated beyond belief.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Wehrpass   Waffen SS Wehrpass  

Waffen SS Wehrpass   Waffen SS Wehrpass  

Waffen SS Wehrpass   Waffen SS Wehrpass  

Waffen SS Wehrpass  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen SS Wehrpass

Very hard to read...I see he was in march 1944 in the kampfgruppe Lammerding, so Das Reich Division.

?

to my uneducated eye,it looks ok, remember that both fritz and muller where very popular/common names. im guessing there were many,even in the ss. hopefully george

Fritz Muller would be an extremely common name...This Wehrpass states that he was killed 15 April 1944. I don't think this has been messed with...
    cheers,Glenn

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Fritz Muller would be an extremely common name...This Wehrpass states that he was killed 15 April 1944. I don't think this has been messed with...
    cheers,Glenn
    So it says at page 34, can you also read what the last entry is on the same date on page 49?
    I can't make anything off it,
    regards Menno

Last entry page 49 shows his assignment to a Kampfgruppe, but I cannot read the name of the unit...probably the name of the commander, as is the german manner...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Interesting document. I have done some searching too. When you give only the name and date of birth it gives the right place of birth! But when you search on day of death it finds nothing. But you probably found out yourself also

Lammerding Kampfgruppe

The Feldpost Number in the Stamp is 41490 and for the dates it covers it has the following entry....
    (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 5.2.1944 Stab u. 3.-5. Kompanie Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 2 (2. SS-Division),
    (23.4.1944-24.11.1944) 24.6.1944 Stab u. Einheit Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 2 (2. SS-Division).

Any chance of seeing Page 12?

After Lammerding he was transferred to a different Kampfgruppe on 15.4.44....It's the last word above the signature....I can't decipher it, but it's not Lammerding. Looks like it starts with a "W"...Great Item, good luck with your research!
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast