Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)

Article about: I have a couple of these, bought out of Poland in the early 1990's. They are printed on a grey oilcloth material in order to be durable. Cheers, Ade.

Default Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)

I have a couple of these, bought out of Poland in the early 1990's. They are printed on a grey oilcloth material in order to be durable.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)   Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)  

Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)   Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)

German driving licences, both military and civil, were divided into three classes.

Klasse 1 = Motorcycle
    Klasse 2 = Trucks
    Klasse 3 = Cars

As you can see here, the first licence issued to Karl Schertl is a Klasse 2, whereas the other issued to Johann Kiel is a Klasse 3.

Even though I am not a big paperwork collector and my German is self taught, I do enjoy the research which can be done with paperwork.

Kiel's Fuhrerschein has entries for his units Feldpost number. As I have a CD - ROM with all these listed, research is easy. His unit was:

Feldpost number: 34409

(Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Batterie Bruno Gruppe Eberhardt leichte Artillerie-Abteilung 747,

(2.1.1940-27.4.1940) gestrichen,

(1.10.1940-27.2.1941) Generalkommando LVII. AK,

(1.3.1942-7.9.1942) Generalkommando LVII. Panzer-Korps.

Schertl's unit can be researched here via this link:

Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilungen - Lexikon der Wehrmacht

One interesting thing is both men started off in the same unit. Look closely at the ID photographs. Both are early war and show them wearing the pre war pattern "Feldbluse" pattern pointed ended shoulder straps without waffenfarbe piping but with a red embroidered "54" for Artillery Regt 54. Here is this unit's history via this link:

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Artillerie-Regimenter

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Wehrmacht Fuhrerschein (Military driving licence)

Hi Ade,

Very nice examples indeed.

Rgrds,
    neil.

?

Ade

Appologies as this is a very old discussion, but i am going backwards to learn as much as possible about the TR documents and paperwork.
    Is it possible to purchase a copy of the fieldpost CD list to aid research?
    Or can you tell me where to obtain one?
    Paul

Hi Paul, the CD is no longer available. But the info is now online. Do a search and you should find it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The Axis History Forum/Database now has the Feldpost Numbers listed here...
    Feldpost numbers - Axis History