Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wehrpass

Article about: Hi this is the Wehr pass from my great grandfather I would like to find the awards that he received and put them together with some pictures I have of him. I know he was kill in Russia 09.12

This is a Russian map dated for December 1940 - looks like the Russian name for the place he was killed is/was Sztrjelitzy which is just to the southeast of Staraja Russa.

Wehrpass

Wehrpass

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass
    P
    Many

Now this is something special! It's one thing to have your relatives medals, some of their insignia, etc. Another thing entirely to have a document that serves essentially as a combat biography.
    I only wish that British military documents at the time were as in-depth as the German Wehrpaß.
    Would he not have been eligible to receive a Tank Destruction Badge for knocking out so much enemy armour?

B.B.

Would he not have been eligible to receive a Tank Destruction Badge for knocking out so much enemy armour?

B.B.
    Not if he used a PAK to do it. The TDB was meant for destroying a tank with a hand held weapon.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Not if he used a PAK to do it. The TDB was meant for destroying a tank with a hand held weapon.
    A nice little thing for me to learn. Whilst I'm familiar with most Third Reich decorations, I couldn't tell you the exact award criteria for even half of them.

B.B.

Merkblatt 15/5 lists all the criteria for Heer awards (including those available to all the Wehrmacht such as the EK etc). Reprint versions are fairly easy to find and cost around €45.

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Merkblatt 15/5 lists all the criteria for Heer awards (including those available to all the Wehrmacht such as the EK etc). Reprint versions are fairly easy to find and cost around €45.
    A perfect excuse to do some expanding of my reference library. Thank you for the pointer.

B.B.

Go to BookFinder.com: New & Used Books, Rare Books, Textbooks, Out of Print Books and just type in Merkblatt 15/5 and for the language choose German. There are 5 available for between £35 & £45 including shipping from Germany.

Pureg60, incredible family history. Your great grandfather was a brave man. Excellent idea to honor the man by putting his awarded medals together. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jay

Thank you and thanks for everyone taking the time to look. I would like to honour him so that this generation is forgotten

Quote by Pureg60 View Post
    Thank you and thanks for everyone taking the time to look. I would like to honour him so that this generation is forgotten
    It's our remembrance that keeps the memory of them alive. A very noble undertaking, and one that is very humbling. The bravery of their generation is something that rightly leaves most of us alive today in awe.
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with to honour your great grandfather.

B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2