Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass Info Help !!!

Article about: I ve had this wehrpass for a while and through research haven't much on it, could you please help me learn more about this wehrpass and possibly even about the man that owned it?? all the be

?

Lightbulb Wehrpass Info Help !!!

I ve had this wehrpass for a while and through research haven't much on it, could you please help me learn more about this wehrpass and possibly even about the man that owned it??

all the best,
    Stefan
    Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!Wehrpass Info Help !!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass Info Help !!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrpass Info Help !!!

It looks like his name was Anton Ruetgel(?). He was born on January 7th, 1889.

All I can tell you, aside from his basic personal info, is that he worked in an office within the German conscription system. The "Wehrbezirkskommando" was, I think, simply a local office that took care of getting more personnel. If I can find the place where I read about this then I will post a link for you.

This man worked in Fulda. The new conscripts they got must not have had to go far for their helmets!

Andreas should be along soon enough to help you out with this much better than I can.

?

Thanks a lot !!!

?

bump

He registered for military service on 28th October 1943 at Wehrbezirkskommando Fulda (a Wehrbezirkskommando was the local district recruiting office) as a conscript. It is an indicator of the desperate German requirement for manpower that even though he was 54 he was categorised as being 'Fit for combat' (K.V.) He was also categorised as Landsturm I which is 'Trained territorial replacement reserves, age over 45.'
    He saw service in WW1 but it is doubtful that he saw any service in WW2, unless he was called up into the Volksturm which if so has gone un-recorded in the Wehrpass.