Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc

Article about: Hello i have a Question about the following Wehrpass...do you think its an original one?? I think - when its true - it is an realy rarely Item. Thanks for showing!!

Default Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc

Hello
    i have a Question about the following Wehrpass...do you think its an original one?? I think - when its true - it is an realy rarely Item.
    Thanks for showing!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc   Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc  

Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc   Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc  

Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc   Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc
    P
    Many

This member of the Totenkopf-Sturmbann certainly got around to some of the more notorious camps...Auschwitz, Buchenwald (Bu), Gross-Rosen, Sachsenhausen, Flossenburg...It appears that he was assigned to a combat unit (Infanterie Ersatz Btl.213) at the very end of the war...
    Very nice example...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Many staff who served within the KZ system served at several different camps, especially during training periods and also the latter stages of the war when the eastern camps were being abandoned regularly, resulting in numerous staff transfers to camps in the west, north and south...anywhere but the east actually, to avoid the oncoming Red Army. The inmate populations were generally heavily guarded during the evacuation marches/transports too, patently.

Carl

Thanks Carl and Glenn )
    So you think it is a truly original and everything is ok with the Item?
    Greetings Koxville

I see nothing wrong with it...
    Glenn

one Thing looks suspicious to me: The Man was first in Auschwitz, then (later) in Buchenwald. So..why he has a Dog Tag from Buchenwald and not from Auschwitz??

here Picture--look at the Dog Tag Registration: Buchenwald
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc  

Hi, I only have one SS KL Wehrpass so I am probably wrong in my concern, but I will say it all the same and hope to be "shot down" in flames! My SS KL Wehrpass's cover has a "weave/webbing" effect to it, that adds to the strength of the outer card. Your one appears to be just a thick card without the strengthening? Maybe earlier one's were like that, but I would be concerned as any HEER ones that I have owned in the past had the "weave/webbing"? Here's mine to compare. Leon.Wehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etcWehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etcWehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etcWehrpaß KL Auschwitz/Buchenwald etc

Hi Leon, no I dont think that is a problem. I have both types in my collection.

Thanks Douglas, I have learnt something there! I am glad that the original posters Wehrpass is ok. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast