Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrpass with TDB entry

Article about: Just got this. Not often seen. Stewy S

Default Wehrpass with TDB entry

Just got this. Not often seen. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass with TDB entry   Wehrpass with TDB entry  

Wehrpass with TDB entry   Wehrpass with TDB entry  

Wehrpass with TDB entry   Wehrpass with TDB entry  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass with TDB entry
    P
    Many

Default Re: Wehrpass with TDB entry

Stewy,

Are you entirely happy with that the stamping? Whats on P4+5, Is it reserve etc? Is there any more detail to put his service into context? Edit I should also have asked is it from a reliable source.

Jock

I too have my doubts about this - an Infantry Assault Badge entry for April 1944 but no indication that he was ever in a unit at that time but that entry has the stamp of a unit that he didn't join until 1945 and this isn't a Zweitschrift wehrpass so I'd expect any such award to of been updated in his wehrpass at the time of being awarded and not but a future posting. With the award entries on 2 different pages, there are some similarities in some of the letters but the entries are supposedly signed by 2 different people.
    I think this is just an ordinary ex-WW 1 soldier's wehrpass that has had some bogus entries entered after WW2 and such entries stamped to add credibility.
    Are there any other entries or stamps that could shed some light on the WW2 period prior to 1945?

I think this is just an ordinary ex-WW 1 soldier's wehrpass that has had some bogus entries entered after WW2 and such entries stamped to add credibility.
    Are there any other entries or stamps that could shed some light on the WW2 period prior to 1945?[/QUOTE]

Hucks,

Thats what I was hinting at but Stewy has been at this a while, I'm sure he would not be taken in like that. Lets wait for some more detail before we throw the baby out with the bath water.

Jock

Stewy,

Have you an update on this pass?

Jock