Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What kind of Arbeitbuch is this?

Article about: I have a book on Soldbuchs, Wehrpasses, etc. but it does not list this book. Strange, there is no swastika on the cover, but they are on each page in the corners. Take a look at the stamps -

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What kind of Arbeitbuch is this?

I have a book on Soldbuchs, Wehrpasses, etc. but it does not list this book. Strange, there is no swastika on the cover, but they are on each page in the corners. Take a look at the stamps - SS stamps. What are they for? Thanks a lot for any help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What kind of Arbeitbuch is this?   What kind of Arbeitbuch is this?  

2. # ADS

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: What kind of Arbeitbuch is this?

Here is a closeup of the SS stamp
    Attached Images Attached Images What kind of Arbeitbuch is this? 

pjm
    ?

This Arbeitsbuch is the issue prior to the one with the eagle and swastika on the cover. The stamp is from a company working on a construction site for an SS baracks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the info! I have two of these type books. I wonder why they are not included in the reference book...

pjm
    ?

Unfortuantely, many reference books are written and compiled by well-intended individuals who, while they are enthusiastic collectors, have neither a background in the formal study of history nor a knowledge of the methodologies of historical research. Omissions, flaws and superficial treatment result.

These references are often helpful and informative picture books but not a works of definitive scholarship.

I approached a publisher with a book project that entailed extensive research. Facts would have been supported by footnotes and other resources. The response was "collectors don't want that." I think they do.

There are many excellent books on the market. They're full of citations from regulations and other historical source material. It may seem like overkill but these are much more reliable for accurate information.

Historiker
    ?

I agree totally with pjm. I much prefer a reference based on suitable research, especially when dealing with Third Reich membership and identity documents, than a picturebook with limited information about what is shown.

Historiker
    Bill Bradley

Hello I think it is The first Model of the Arbeitsbuch 1936 i have one or 2.