Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazing SS portrait

Article about: When I saw this portrait, I had to have it. An SS soldiers portrait in his camo clothing and note the top of the belt buckle in the bottom of the photo. The look on his face shows the effect

Default Amazing SS portrait

When I saw this portrait, I had to have it. An SS soldiers portrait in his camo clothing and note the top of the belt buckle in the bottom of the photo. The look on his face shows the effects the war had on some people. An amazing portrait that truly speaks to a collector (or at least me )

Hope you guys like it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Amazing SS portrait  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Amazing SS portrait
    P
    Many

almost looks like a painting .........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That was my thoughts too but wasn't sure.

?

WOW that looks like the, I have been there and done that and I'm not proud of what I have done look!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Almost haunting, the 1000 yard stare look.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Interesting portrait --- looks like a pencil drawing, if not a stylized photograph doctored for effect. Coincidentally I found that this image has also been on the cover of a book published in, I believe, 2006:

Amazing SS portrait

Wow thanks for that. I looked at the portrait out of the frame and it is an original one. My question is if you think this is the only one out there? Also there was a stamping on the back that read "9. Konig der typ des ss-pz.grenadier"

Is it possible to figure out who this is?

I have seen studio stamped portraits, but never stamped to a particular unit, kinda different.

If my memory is correct the 9th SS participated in the defence of the Normandy invasion and was the primary unit that held open the Falaise escape route.

Wow thanks for the info, so much history in this one picture. This will be a keeper. I will also continue to try and figure out who this soldier is.

Is there any place to look that would have database of soldiers in the 9. SS-Pz. Grenadiier division?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast