MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any pictuers of soldaten being stuck in mud?

Article about: Further to Adrian's info, I could be wrong but I think the commandeered staff-car stuck in the snow is an Opel Olympia, made in Germany by the same people as the famous Blitz lorries, and al

CMc
    ?

Default Re: Any pictuers of soldaten being stuck in mud?

Further to Adrian's info, I could be wrong but I think the commandeered staff-car stuck in the snow is an Opel Olympia, made in Germany by the same people as the famous Blitz lorries, and also the engine of the NSU Sdkfz2 'Kettenkrad' as far as I know. Of course I could be wrong but I think it's an Olympia.

Here's another picture courtesy of Google, and the Swimmwagen.co.uk forum, showing a Schwimmwagen (sort of an amphibous, four wheel drive Kubelwagen, itself a militarised version of the KdF-Wagen, which would go on to become the VW Beetle after the war.) I don't suppose they had too much trouble getting that little beast unstuck though, even if Schwimms were more used to going through water that was a bit more see-through and less viscous!

Like this!

I know what you mean about motoring in the mud Lange91, the climate's a bit different here in Scotland, but I see plenty of it when I'm working in the West Highlands and Western Isles. I work with the St. Andrew's Ambulance Corps, and I reckon there's nothing quite like the experience of trying to coax a convoy of two-wheel drive Ambulances, Search and Rescue Team dog-vans and the like up desolate mud-tracks we get sent up during the summer busy-season. I'll never forget one occasion near Inverary Castle, when we got a vehicle so hopelessly stuck in the mud we had to borrow a small mobile crane from some guys who were building some staging nearby, tie some straps around the poor van's belly, and lift it out of the mud! Such good fun!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any pictuers of soldaten being stuck in mud?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Any pictuers of soldaten being stuck in mud?

lol good story CMc and also thanks for the pictures! im thinkin ppl are enjoying this thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2