Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Agfa was an international corporation even before WWII so most of its products could be found across Europe including eastern Europe.

Although not directly related to monochrome stock the information below (from wikipedia) might also explain how the Soviet photo came to be printed on an agfa photo card.

Towards the end of World War II, large quantities of raw Agfacolor stock were seized by the Soviet Union and served as the basis for the Sovcolor process.

After the war, Agfa's former production plant at Wolfen was located in the Soviet occupation zone which was to become East Germany.

I am sure many more Agfa plants, photographic equipment and stocks were appropriated by the Soviets in their occupation zone.

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

From post #169. This photo seems to be good, with a typical, brief
    lead-pencil-scrawled caption of the period, but the helmet decal
    is not scratched off the paper itself. Thoughts Bill.........?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Regards,

Steve.

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and would like your opinion on this photo. Is it original or a repro. Thanks!

?

Hi Guys,
    Very sorry for my absence and Im sure you've sorted everything out by now, but both photos shown on this page look period legit to my eyes.

?

A warning though.......Ive seen a lot of very well made Postcard sized portraits being pawned off as period originals lately, more than ever before....so keep a keen eye out on Ebay and even well known dealer sites. Don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for pics of reverse of photos

?

Has anyone ever seen a Death Card that was green in color?? I have seen many shapes, papers, sizes, etc....but never seen one on green paper before? Its very thin paper, doesn't smell new....but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? lol
    There was a photo sold at the same time as this, but I lost the bid. Seller says its legit, but Just doesn't give me a good feeling...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

?

Never seen one other than on the usual type of paper Bill !!

?

Same here Paul, not sure why someone would go to the lengths to fake this one...but my only thought is that they may have made copies of the original post-war?? Just was an odd thing to see!

Hello,

I came acros these 2 pictures. On with i would like to bid. The stamps looks good but these are the kinda pictures that would be faked. Are these real or just 2 another fakes. Thanks in advance

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Hi Gents,

Got this one in a trade, a family portrait of RKT Heinrich Springer with his child and wife Ursula. What are your thoughts please, period or not?

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast