Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

Article about: Well, I know there are other threads that have been started in the past about the originality of Wartime Photos. However, I frequently receieve PM's asking for advice or assitance about how

Good photo. Paper too

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs
    P
    Many

Quote by Librarius13 View Post
    Good photo. Paper too
    Thanks for your opinion Librarius.

Best regards

Hey there.

I need some help from you guys. I found a local online seller of WWII photographs who have a lot of photos at some reasonable prices but the problem is that all of his sales have only one photo of the item so it's very hard to check anything (I can't buy just 1 or 2 photos to check them because he has a minimum order restriction) . I know it's kind of a long shot but can you identify these 4 photos as genuine or not? I will appreciate that.

Attachment 880417
    Attachment 880415 Attachment 880416
    Attachment 880418

Hello guys. After a long search I found this thread. Could you please help me with these photographs? For me they look genuine.
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs   Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs  

?

So if we are in the “German photographs and Postcards” section, I suppose it would be possible to add some photo-postcards.
    Everyone knows Heinrich Hoffmann, Adolf Hitler's official photographer and publisher. His publishing house issued a lot of postcards with portraits of German military personnel. Here is an example: Hoffmann's captain-lieutenant von Bulow postcard and a fake one. Compare the contrast, the quality and details of the photos. It’s very easy to see the difference. Look at the backside, there is more rough and bold font and no number in the corner on the fake card.

The next publishing company: E.A.Swerdtfeger & Co, the famous “Unsere Waffen-SS” series. The same difference: contrast, quality of photo, rough font. Besides unknown fakers made the wrong inscription in the upper left corner. Compare and don't buy fakes.

Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs Assistance with Id'ing Fake Photographs

?

bonjour, i'm french and i collect ww2 pictures and i'm writing a guide to collect ww2 pictures. But I need more information, like for example, the type of border according to the manufacturers. I would like to thank anyone who can give me a complete list.
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-10-2022 at 01:21 PM.

?

hello, are these pictures for you period, because I am a bit paranoid, when there are pictures with planes yes tank. so I always have a doubt. Neg test UV !

Bonjour Spring,

Based upon your three pictures I would say that all are original. They appear to be on period paper and have good variable contrast. Invest in a good magnifying glass or jewellers lupe to spot signs of scan lines from modern flatbed scanned images. Others will opine I'm sure.

?

hello blackcat.
    Thank you very much for your opinion. And I thank you for your advice. But the scan lines of modern images are vertical or horizontal. If you have an example to show me, I would be delighted. Thanks again

?

hello. I have a small question, which will help me to continue my guide. Do the stamps on the photo papers attest to the authenticity of a photo? Or are studio stamps reproduced just as easily by fraudsters? Is the reproduction of studio stamps less important than those of AGFA-style manufacturers? Thanks for those who will answer my questions. (the little Frenchman).

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast